Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
New Moderating Team

Chemtrail Central > Admin Desk

Author Thread
Thermit

New Moderating Team PostWed Jul 05, 2006 4:58 am  Reply with quote  

Moderating at a conspiracy forum is not always easy due to our subject matter including controversial topics such as politics, health and conspiracy, mixed sometimes with issues of anger and fear creating a complex dynamic. My goal is that the forums be a place where people of similar and differing opinions can discuss these topics in as positive an atmosphere as possible.

There is a publically acknowledged bias towards members who want to discuss Chemtrails, as opposed to those that want to debate, deny or deride Chemtrails simply because our history has proven that unreigned skeptics will create an unpleasant atmosphere that will drive other members away. Even if a skeptic is able to behave, eventually the sheer tedium of the repeated questions and challenges can lead to an intolerable environment. One problem that we recently suffered was when this bias was taken a bit too far, meaning that the forum was very safe from "intruders", but at the same time many who wanted to participate in open discussion of Chemtrails were either banned or blocked from the site.

So, my goal for the forum is just the right balance in these respects.

I'm pleased to announce that starman1 has agreed to help out around here and keep an eye on things by becoming a moderator. I think that they have been a helpful contributing member and I think that they understand the balance that I'm trying to reach as they were at one time unfairly removed from the forum during some tense times.

Thanks again, starman1.

We also plan to expand the team with more members soon, so if the goals I've stated seem reasonable, feel free to show your support and interest here and we'll keep it in mind.

At this moment, we are currently not accepting new member registrations so that we can establish the new moderation team and be more prepared for the next set of trolls, etc.

We greatly appreciate the support and participation of all our members as we try again to get things back into a better groove. Thank you.
starman1

PostThu Jul 06, 2006 3:38 am  Reply with quote  

quote:
I'm pleased to announce that starman1 has agreed to help out around here and keep an eye on things by becoming a moderator. I think that they have been a helpful contributing member and I think that they understand the balance that I'm trying to reach as they were at one time unfairly removed from the forum during some tense times.

Thanks again, starman1.

Thanks for your vote of confidence Thermit
There was once a great group of "mods" here, and I know that some of you are still around, I believe this site is still one of the best places on the web, and you all helped to make it what it is. I hope that whatever created the rift can be healed, and that your sincerest efforts to make this place what it is are still in your hearts and heads. Ultimately, I think the goal was to educate those seeking answers to the dilema's and mysteries going on over our heads and under our noses in these crazy uncertain times, I think its where we end up in the end that really matters, not so much the bumps and bruises and growing pains we sustain along the way. So, with that, lets move forward, we still got lots of work to do...
starman1 on the side,
Free World Order

tagged & banned

PostSat Sep 23, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote  

Thermit you do a fantastic job on here despite some saying you do too little. You know I think most members can spot naysayers or fools that lie to see how daft they are, ones that pretend to be chemsprayer pilots, etc, you never saw me responding to any of those posts did you?

Common Sense.

Thanks Thermit for everything.
http://www.freedom-force.org