Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Berlin Blockade

Chemtrail Central > Advanced Aircraft & UFOs

Author Thread
perverted_introvert

Berlin Blockade PostTue May 29, 2007 2:19 am  Reply with quote  

Amazing show on PBS tonight about the Berlin Blockade and the American response. Here's a wiki-link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin_Blockade

"On June 24, 1948 LeMay appointed Brigadier General Joseph Smith, who was the Commander of the Wiesbaden Military Post, as the Task Force Commander of the airlift. At that time the airlift was expected to last three weeks. General Smith named the airlift 'Operation Vittles' because "we're hauling grub". Thirty-two C-47 cargo planes took off on June 26, 1948 hauling 80 tons of cargo including milk, flour, and medicine. In order to accommodate the large number of flights, required maintenance schedules, and cargo loading times, General Smith developed a complex schedule and pattern for arranging flights. Three air corridors were created and aircraft was scheduled to takeoff every three minutes flying 500 feet higher than the previous flight."