Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Tao Te Ching

Chemtrail Central > Spirit

Author Thread
perverted_introvert

Tao Te Ching PostSat May 26, 2007 4:15 am  Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching

"the excellence of things"

I encourage everyone on this forum interested in Zen to acquire "Alan Watts" (not Alan Watt) lectures on philosophy.

"Everything is fundamentally in harmony with the Tao."

He often includes parables, such as this....

Some of the people in the river are swimming against it. Others have learned that the art of the thing is to swim with it, and they're carried along too. But they know it. The people going in the opposite direction don't know it. You have to flow with the river, there is no going against it. The person who goes with the river suddenly gains, behind everything he does, the entire power of the river.

Get it?

"you never force other people to agree with you, rather you convince them that the opinion you want them to have is their own."

Just as wild geese fly over the water....

The geese do not attempt to outpace their reflection in the water, and the water does not seek to hold the reflection of the geese. Here is profound wisdom.

If you are interested in Zen, search out mp3's of Alan Watts on the web. This man has done more to teach me than anyone else to date. I would feel guilty if I did not share this with all of you.

As Above So Below PostSun May 27, 2007 7:33 pm  Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrocosm

" it is the recognition that the same traits appear in entities of many different sizes, from one man to the entire human population."

I would have phrased it from cell to Earth, but at least they are trying....

Re: Tao Te Ching PostSat Jun 02, 2007 4:49 am  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by perverted_introvert
"you never force other people to agree with you, rather you convince them that the opinion you want them to have is their own".

What's the nature of your desire to influence the opinion of someone else? Why dupe them at all? Why delude yourself into thinking you've dominated them somehow?

Tao Te Ching translates to "way of change". Tao and Do (pronunced dough) are synonymous. Tao is Chinese (sort of) and Do is Japanese (sort of). It means 'way'.

Aikido is the 'way of the water', the concept which you described about going with the flow. You may recognize the word from the martial arts movies; Steven Segal does aikido and kempo. The violence doesn't reflect the concept of aikido very well.

I lived in a Zen center for two years; studied the Eastern 'philosophies' for around 20. I've acheived the state of consciousness they describe as 'Satori' or 'Samadhi', aka enlightenment. My consciousness expansion was temporary, I achieved this state three times (meditation is the avenue). One of the two terms, Samadhi or Satori refers to temporary enlightenment, the other permanent enlightment. Buddha is the role model within this conceptual frame work.

The consciousness expansion described as enlightenment feels wonderful beyond description. Your mind becomes crystal clear. You experience a 'oneness' with the universe, as if you're equal to God.

And then, if you don't snap out of it, Jesus will be obiligated to throw you into Hell. The universe as experienced at the moment of enlightenment is one of the lower plateaus of the heavenly realms. You're only allowed to visit for a short period of time. It is a temptation offered by Satan.
There is an actual war being fought between God and Satan. The atmosphere surrounding the earth is the domain of evil. Jesus Christ was God incarnate. He died to attone for the sins of anyone who believes in Him.
perverted_introvert

Hmmm PostSat Jun 02, 2007 11:48 am  Reply with quote  

quote:
What's the nature of your desire to influence the opinion of someone else? Why dupe them at all? Why delude yourself into thinking you've dominated them somehow?

I don't know how you gathered that opinion from what I wrote. I find the philosophy fascinating. I think the more viewpoints one can learn, the better. I also agree with you that it's not a Christian belief system. I am wary of enlightenment, also. Don't forget that Satan, Lucifer, is the Morning Star and the Light Bringer.

I can still enjoy reading this without subscribing to the belief system. I read a lot about Scientology and Waco also, but I'm not rushing out to join a cult!

Re: Hmmm PostSun Jun 03, 2007 4:32 am  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by perverted_introvert
Don't forget that Satan, Lucifer, is the Morning Star and the Light Bringer.

This is accurate from the scriptures. If I'm not mistake, Christ is also referred to as the 'Morning Star' in at least one passage. The Gnostics believed that Christ and Satan were the same entity. I absolutely do not believe this. I think Satan's quest for autonomy is the origin of all evil.

Zen and enlightenment are really cool, but they're a trap (IMHO).

Sorry about jumping your case regarding the influence of other people's opinions. Read your statement again; it smacks of the Prince Machiavelli. The basic tenet of Machiavellianism is that human beings are not altruistic, and are only motivated by personal gain. I can't remember what Machiavelli believed regarding God. He had to be an atheist or closet Satanist.

I fully acknowledge that I try to convince people of the reality of Christ. I don't do it for personal gain. I understand why many don't believe it. Zen is a little voice calling "wake up". I'm shouting; GET IN THE LIFEBOAT, the earth is coming apart.
There is an actual war being fought between God and Satan. The atmosphere surrounding the earth is the domain of evil. Jesus Christ was God incarnate. He died to attone for the sins of anyone who believes in Him.
Redeemerson

I made the Zen Master laugh! PostThu Jun 07, 2007 10:46 am  Reply with quote  

I made the Zen Master with my response to the First Gate question.

You see, in order to attain enlightenment, you must ascend through a series of seven Gates dictated by someone else. This sets up a Kabbal type hierarchy in which someone else always maintains spiritual power over you.

The first Gate involves the concept/no concept of 'Mu'...pronounced Moo. The idea is that human consciousness is limited by our basic need to form thoughts into a language that can be expressed by voice.

The proper response to the First Gate question, What is Mu?, is a action. The progressing Zen student is supposed to slap the floor with an open palm to indicate they know all language is a barrier to complete understanding.

Being the naive student, and budding brain wash victim, I didn't know the correct answer/action. I said that 'Mu' was "the sound a cow makes". (Did I mention that I was a country boy?)

The Zen Master laughed a sincere and heart-felt laugh at my response. I laughed, too, just because I had made him happy.

Zen people are cool. They just don't understand God.
Redeemerson

PostFri Jul 13, 2007 3:18 am  Reply with quote  

I'll take the category of Chi Developement for $1000.00, please Alex. And the question is...?

This stuff is real, but it's not morally neutral. Martial artists can harness 'mystical energy' by performing the the 'dragon chi' exercise. This ultimate in personal empowerment could, maybe, be used for benevolent reasons. It's typical used for self-defense in a situation that was probably orchestrated by the powers and principalities of Satan.