Media
Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
The U.S. Air Force and the Internet.

Chemtrail Central > Wars

Author Thread
Redeemerson

The U.S. Air Force and the Internet. PostThu Nov 29, 2007 2:07 am  Reply with quote  

If the powers that be will permit me to do so, I would like to transcribe an article that received top billing in the 11-26-2007 Kansas City Star.

Pentagon Builds a Cyber War Arsenal

By Dave Montgomery of the McClatchy Newspapers.

Washington...While U.S. Forces in Iraq and Afghanistan engage enemies with guns, tanks, airplanes and missles, the Pentagon is quietly fighting a different war on a new front--cyberspace.

Military officials say that a cyber attack by foreign enemies or terrorist groups would result in "an electronic Pearl Harbor" that would shut down electricity, banking systems, cell phones and other tools of day-to-day life.

Hundreds, and possibly thousands, of more-limited cyber assaults are bombarding the firewalls of governmental computer systems daily, prompting U.S. officials and military leaders to declare that the United States is already at war on the cyber front.

"America is under widespread attack in cyberspace," Gen. James E. Cartwright, then-commander of the U.S. Strategic Command, which oversees the military's computer grid, told Congress in March. "Our freedom to use cyberspace is threatened by the actions of criminals, terrorists and nations alike."

As a result, the U.S. military is aggressively incorporating cyber technology into its war-fighting arsenal in the same sort of evolutionary pattern that saw air power emerge from the early biplanes of the past century. All branches of the military have cyber operations, and the Air Force is moving to set up a full-fledge cyber command that will have the same stature as its other commands.

U.S. officials acknowledge that the computer-dependent military and federal government are threatened by virtually every malevolent concept of the cyber age, from worms and viruses that aim to cripple or shut down networks, to intrusions that attempt to steal classified information.

"We're vulnerable every day," said Greg Garcia, the assistant secretary for cyber security and communication at the Department of Homeland Security. "Everybody is seeing some form of intrusion or attack."

The DHS received 37,000 reports of attempted breaches on government and private systems in fiscal 2007, which ended Sept. 30, compared with 24,000 the previous year. Assaults on federal agencies increased 152 percent during that period, from 5,143 to 12,986.

A worst-case attack could shut down computer command-and-control systems that run banking, water and sewerage systems, traffic lights, oil and gas networks and nearly every other element of the public infrastructure. Those control systems, the Government Accountability Office said in September, "are more vulnerable to cyber-attacks than in the past."

The roster of cyber adversaries includes foreign militaries and intelligence services, hackers who could be working in league with foreign governments, and "hacktivists"--hackers with political agendas. Terrorists thus far are considered only a limited threat, said the GAO report, citing the CIA.

"Five or 10 years from now, senior defense officials believe, an enemy may not need soldiers, ships or aircraft to strike hard at the United States," says a report prepared for the U.S. Air Force Association. "The preferred tool may be information-based attacks carried out in cyberspace."

The United States, with its multilayered systems and advanced firewalls, has avoided the type of extensive attack that caused widespread disruptions throughout government agencies and institutions in Estonia last spring. But numerous assaults, most of them harmless, pound U.S. military and government computers every several seconds, say experts.

"The Pentagon is probably one of the most attacked networks in the world," said Matt Richard, director of the rapid response team for VeriSign iDefense, a California-based firm that specializes in cyber security.

The blueprint for the military is the "2006 National Military Strategy for Cyberspace Operations," a classified document that includes both defensive and offensive measures, according to officials and analysts. Likely offensive tactics include disabling an enemy's command-and-control networks, destroying data or dispatching false information to weapons networks, often as part of a larger attack with air power and other weaponry.

As an outgrowth of the strategy, Air Force leaders established a provisional cyber command at Barksdale Air Force in Louisianna and plan to develope a permanent command.

As many as 40,000 Air Force personnel are assigned to cyber tasks, and Air Force officials envision a breed of warrior who fights with the computer and keyboard. But he's expected to be as formidable as the soldier with a gun. Lani Kass, special assistant to Gen. T. Mosely, Air Force chief of staff, told a recent seminar that Air Force cyber warriors would be "trained killers" and "not a bunch of geeks".
There is an actual war being fought between God and Satan. The atmosphere surrounding the earth is the domain of evil. Jesus Christ was God incarnate. He died to attone for the sins of anyone who believes in Him.
perverted_introvert

Logic Bombs PostThu Nov 29, 2007 2:44 am  Reply with quote  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic_bomb

1982, The Trans-Siberian Pipeline incident, A KGB operative was to steal the plans for a sophisticated control system and its software from a Canadian firm, for use on their Siberian pipeline. The CIA was tipped off by documents in the Farewell Dossier and had the company insert a logic bomb in the program for sabotage purposes. This eventually resulted in "the most monumental non-nuclear explosion and fire ever seen from space".

This is nothing new, buddy. They would never release something to us commoners without being full aware of its potential in advance.

tagged & banned

PostThu Nov 29, 2007 9:35 am  Reply with quote  

Nice thread guys. I hope the CIA start to make better advice about funding to defend the country. We know at least two countries with hostile intentions already have the technology to cause a total shut down of the country which would economically crash the county even if we could live without using computers for a few months until things were on line again. The U.S. economy is much stronger than most of us know and this is one thing that would kill it faster than anything else. Much faster than trillions of dollars of debt.

I hope they put at least 500 billion USD into defending key electronic systems for this type of warfare. Unfortunately the last news I heard on this project was that funding had been cut lower than it initially was. To me 500bn (over several years on a system to be maintained in future) sounds like a justifiable amount to spend on something like this, better than wars. Russia and China have already done exercises that include taking American down in this way. They say no traditional military warfare would be necessary. Many government hackers from these countries routinely gain access or attack the country. Apart from protection from hacking EMP shielding is needed or components that are not effected by EMP attacks. Or a satellite could destroy it all while passing by or by using less obvious devices.

Thanks PI for the Logic Bomb links. Now I understand why Microsoft always acts this way, hehe. Microsoft/NSA/CIA just send some virus out or code update to update all new OS's by force without asking and shut down all computers or render them unusable in a matter of hours globally. Meanwhile the government are using Linux or something by the hackers. Twisted Evil Linux still rules...

If anything like it happened your bank account would not exist for some time or at least not until it was back online again and that is only if data is safely backed up at offline locations that cannot be attacked via electronic warfare. There seems to be no backup funds for the public or businesses. It is civilians that keep it all running eitherway in such an event. Not supporting them or having a backup plan for funds would make it even worse. Shortages of food for one thing. I guess a virtual credit system (on paper if need be) could be honoured by the country and businesses as a government sponsored program, it is just as real as the USD is now anyway.
http://www.freedom-force.org
stitcherman

PostThu Nov 29, 2007 10:15 pm  Reply with quote  

i was at the northeast premier of loose change final cut tuesday in keene. a member of the audience, after the movie, in the question time for the producers was VERY concerned about a cyber attack in the u.s. and stated that cyber drills are set for march 2008.
stitcherman
". . . that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately, by the grace of God." -- Thomas Jefferson's Last Letter, June 24, 1826
perverted_introvert

Hackers Launch Major Attack on US Military Labs PostSat Dec 08, 2007 2:38 am  Reply with quote  

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,140390-c,hackers/article.html

Hackers have succeeded in breaking into the computer systems of two of the U.S.' most important science labs, the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Los Alamos National Laboratory.

Read it.