2007 Hurricane Watch

Post new topic Reply to topic
Chemtrail Central > Weather

Author Thread

Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Location: Earth
PostSat Nov 03, 2007 2:04 pm  Reply with quote

Did that thing move fast, or was it just me? "Noel" is now an "extra-tropical storm headed to the northeast area expected to make land fall near Nova Scotia. So it still looks like it will pass US by...

Noel Threatening Northeast
At 3:00 AM EDT Saturday, extra-tropical storm Noel was located near 34.6 north and 71.0 west, or 258 miles east of Cape Hatteras, N.C. The storm is moving northeast at 26 mph. Maximum sustained winds are near 85 mph with higher gusts. The central pressure remains at 976 millibars, or 28.88 inches of mercury.

Noel is tracking northeastward as it interacts with an upper-level trough to the west over the Carolinas and a strong upper-level ridge to the east over the central Atlantic. The ridge to the east will cause Noel to remain on this northeast course for at least the next 12-24 hours. Interests along mid-Atlantic and New England coastal areas of the United States should stay in touch with the latest information on Noel.

Satellite images show that drier, cooler air is wrapping around the east and northeast quadrants of the main circulation. We also notice a decrease in thunderstorms around the center of Noel. These signs are indications that Noel is losing its tropical characteristics. As a non-tropical storm system, Noel will derive its energy from the contrast between warm and cold. This contrast can lead to explosive intensification over the northwestern and North Atlantic during November. That is what we expect to happen with non-tropical Noel. This suggests that Noel will continue to intensify Saturday and Saturday night as it passes just east of Cape Cod and eastern Maine. This intensification process might cause non-tropical Noel to motion more to the west. Noel should pass about 100 miles east of Cape Cod then make landfall over southern Nova Scotia or perhaps the coast of New Brunswick. A large storm surge in the Bay of Fundy will result, leading to even higher tides. A high tide is expected at St John, New Brunswick, at 8 p.m. Saturday evening, then a low tide is predicted around 2 a.m. Sunday. Noel will be closest to this area early Sunday morning.

Strong, gusty winds will continue from the Outer Banks northward to the New England coast Saturday into Saturday night. The strongest winds and heavy rain during Saturday will be felt from eastern Long Island northward to Cape Cod and could also include much of the coast of Maine by late Saturday. We expect winds from Long Island to Cape Cod to coastal Maine to average 40-50 mph with gusts to hurricane force later Saturday afternoon into early Saturday night. Wind damage to structures and objects directly exposed to these high gusts is likely. Rainfall in this area will average 2-4 inches. Those stronger winds will blow as Noel makes its closest approach. Strong winds and torrential rainfall will spread over eastern New Brunswick and Nova Scotia late Saturday and Saturday night. Eastern New Brunswick and much of Nova Scotia will experience winds of 40-50 mph, or 60-80 kilometers per hour, with gusts over hurricane force. The strongest winds might hit the Cape Breton Highlands Saturday night, where gusts could reach 80 mph, or 130 kilometers per hour. Rainfall from Noel will average 6-10 inches, or 15-25 centimeters. The high wind and heavy rain will spread into Newfoundland later Saturday night and Sunday morning. The remnant storm will move into Labrador by midday Sunday.

The other impacts from Noel will include very high surf for the western Atlantic. The combination of large waves and large swells created by Noel will lead to wave heights of over 30 feet with the potential for rogue waves in excess of 40 feet. The rough surf will produce serious beach erosion and tidal flooding along the Atlantic coast. Dangerous and life-threatening rip currents will affect all eastern coastal areas of the Untied States and Canada through Sunday.

By AccuWeather Expert Senior Meteorologist Dan Kottlowski and Meteorologist Eric Reese.

Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Location: Earth
PostTue Nov 20, 2007 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

With less than 10 days left to the official hurricane season, it looks like its safe to say we have averted another season virtually untouched by a severe storm, and no known reported lives lost here this year due to the tropic storms and or hurricanes, thank God!!!

Our sincerest prayers go out for the victims in Bangladesh who were destroyed by recent storms there.

Keeping the watch ever vigilant as the season nears its end.

Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Location: Earth
As the season ends... PostFri Nov 30, 2007 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Got to love this, short and sweet, the final day of the season and the experts report...

The Atlantic Basin Ending With No Disturbances
The tropical Atlantic Basin should remain free of tropical development for Friday, the last day of the 2007 Hurricane Season.
by Expert Senior Meteorologist Ken Clark

Well what did I expect, it was a realitively mild season for the US.
There were some incredible new records set with respect to some of this seasons hurricanes. It was interesting to watch the expert's back pedal out of thier earlier prediction's once again this year. I guess its a field where your degree's really don't amount to too much. What other kind of job can you get where you can be dead wrong about every professional prediction you make in your field and still walk away with a paycheck? ( except for politics, maybe)
Unless I missed one, I counted only thirteen named Atlantic storms, the last being "Noel". And if I'm not mistaken "Kiko" was the last in the East Pacific at number 11. Hopefully thats accurate, but after all, I guess technically this thread too is just a dedicated weather report so if it's not perfect I'm sure I'm forgiven.
It was a very interesting season to watch. I was amazed at how the weather systems counter acted or cancelled each other out. It appeared at times that there were forces working on our behalf to stall potential systems from hitting our shore's, I guess some body out there likes us. I'm pretty sure as well that the floodings in Oklahoma & Texas were a boone to some by way of atmospheric motion, and a curse to other's by way of their damage. Over all I found myself amazed by the behavior of our beloved atmosphere. I witenessed potential incoming storms completely blown off track by unknown forces moving and creating systems to counter the ones forming off shore, it was as if the weather had a mind of its own, only with Multiple Personality Disorder. At times, it literally seemed to be alive and move with intention. What was also interesting were the comments made by those around me and those in the media, about "HOW WEIRD THE WEATHER WAS!!!"
Anyway, for what its worth we will be keeping our eyes wide open for any further anomalous behavior that may develope through December as it did post "Katrina" 2005.
Keeping the watch,

Location: Solar City, USA
Weather Report... PostMon Dec 03, 2007 7:43 am  Reply with quote

I guess that since weather modification has now become legal and out in the open, we should expect to see some very weird weather. After all, what was previously done in secret and scoffed at when mentioned, has now become normal. Therefore what was being held back due to fear of exposure, will now be what we call abnormal, weird and almost unbelievable weather. I don't think our planet will let us destroy it in the process, but it may let us wipe ourselves out. Our leaders have opened the floodgates of unrestrained technology in every level of our lives, from the food we eat, the air we breath, the water we drink, the brainwashing of our friends and family, the decisions that are made for us "for our good" in order to wipe out the population and make us accept it.
With the rapid succession of legislation being passed by our government designed to be able to label anyone a terrorist for thinking about following the constitution of the United States because of its radial nature, we will certainly be seeing some unusual phenomena in the sky, our environment in general, and in our daily lives. Keep a camera handy at all times, and keep looking up.

Joined: 29 Sep 2005
Location: Earth
PostFri Dec 14, 2007 2:42 pm  Reply with quote

I thought this season was over, and got slack on the watch, nearly missing "Olga" in the Caribbean. I caught a glimpse of movement on the satellite images this morning, near the Yucatan, and sure enough they have been tracking another named storm, post season. It looks as if this years season still has some surprises in store for us, eyes wide open till the fat lady sings, (no offense intended)... Here's the current report.

Olga Continues to Weaken
As of 11 p.m. EST, Tropical Depression Olga was located at 18.9 north and 77.6 west, or about 80 miles northwest of Kingston, Jamaica. Maximum sustained winds have dropped to 30 mph with some higher gusts, mainly northeast of the center, and the central pressure is 1008 mb, or 29.77 inches. The present movement is to the west at 13 mph. Olga is being guided by an abnormally strong upper-level high centered east of Florida. The high is oriented west-east in the shape of an oval. This will keep Olga on a westerly course for the next few days. Olga's circulation interacted with the mountains of Hispaniola earlier Wednesday and has become disorganized, but there still is a low level center along the northwest coast of Jamaica. The biggest problem with Olga will be with its rain bands interacting with the mountains of Cuba. This interaction will cause torrential rainfall that can lead to mudslides and flooding over the next 12-24 hours. Locally heavy rain can also affect the central and southern Bahamas. If Olga can stay along or south of 19 north, it might stay just south of strong wind shear, allowing re-strengthening Thursday night or Friday across the northwestern Caribbean. However, this is highly uncertain. If Olga fails to re-strengthen, then the remnant low will track westward, perhaps into Belize or the southern Yucatan of Mexico this weekend. If Olga were to track more northward, the west and northwest shear would cause the system to weaken even faster. If Olga tracks north of 20 north, it will be forced to curve move eastward within the stronger westerlies. Some mid- and upper-level moisture from Olga will work northward into South Florida Thursday into Friday, but the core of the system will stay south of Florida. Moisture from the system could be drawn into parts of the drought-ravaged Southeast this weekend. By Senior Expert Senior Meteorologist Alex Sosnowski and Senior Meteorologist Bob Smerbeck

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6