New Michael Moore movie looks at the financial meltdown

Post new topic Reply to topic
Chemtrail Central > Movies/Video

New Michael Moore movie looks at the financial meltdown PostThu Jun 18, 2009 3:51 am  Reply with quote

Michael Moore wants his money back. Actually, he wants your money back, if you lost any in the financial meltdown.

And though he knows that probably won't happen, the filmmaker at least wants to stick it to the people who took it.

The still untitled film, which opens Oct. 2, will zero in on the corporations and politicians he says caused the global financial crash.

"The movie is not going to be an economics lesson; it's going to be more like a vampire movie," the filmmaker jokes. "Instead of the main characters feasting on the blood of their victims, they feast on the money. And they never seem to get enough of it."

When the collapse walloped the country last September, Moore says he knew not only that it would matter to regular people, but also that the inherent decadence was ripe for his style of satire.

"If you go to see my movies, even if you don't agree with everything in the movies, you're going to have a good laugh," Moore says. "I want them to walk out at the end saying 'Wow, that was something!'"

There's a YouTube trailer on his site.

Michael Moore's New Movie - Capitalism: A Love Story PostSat Aug 22, 2009 1:14 pm  Reply with quote

"It's a crime story. But it's also a war story about class warfare. And a vampire movie, with the upper 1 percent feeding off the rest of us. And, of course, it's also a love story. Only it's about an abusive relationship.

It's not about an individual, like Roger Smith, or a corporation, or even an issue, like health care. This is the big enchilada. This is about the thing that dominates all our lives the economy. I made this movie as if it was going to be the last movie I was allowed to make.

It's a comedy." Michael Moore

Trailer on YouTube:

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 6:23 am  Reply with quote

I heard this guy was a total fake.

PostSun Aug 23, 2009 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

Absolutely not - he's the real deal. He started with his 1st movie about his hometown Flint, Michigan and the awful situation about the car industry that ruined the city, and went on from there.

You can check his Factual Backup sections on his Web site for his movies.