Citibank Charging Fee For Deposits

SALFORD66

Citibank Charging Fee For Deposits PostSat Nov 07, 2009 7:50 am  Reply with quote

My neighbor came to me today and told me although her business is thriving, she is hanging on by a thread, taxes, food prices so on and so forth. Anyway she then proceeded to tell me that at the bank today she discovered that Citibank is now charging $1 for every deposit.

This is disgusting!! Before we know it, we will be charged $35 for a deposit. Stand up people!!!!! What will it take before we all have had enough? I'm talking mass marches, strikes....
mr. jones

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 5:55 pm  Reply with quote

you are being too optimistic.....

this world is beyond hope.....

from now on it`s every man for himself......

save yourself if you can!
_________________
"The whole aim of practical politics is
to keep the populace alarmed, and thus clamorous to be led to safety, by menacing it with an endless series of
hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."
SALFORD66

PostTue Nov 10, 2009 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

Well.....you may be right but I like to be a bit optmistic, I'm ready. The government has very cleverly made us our own enemy...our fault planet is supposidly falliong apart. our fault we are all in debt, our fault we can't get health insurance due to prexisting conditions.....and all of this manufactured by them, smart.
shatoga

Joined: 23 Nov 2002
and another thing... PostMon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 am  Reply with quote

My comments do not deserve their own topic, nor are they about any one bank.

I comment on what government now allows banks to do.

Used to be I had a set sum auto-paid towards my credit card.
eg: $200.00/month to cover both the minimum payment of about $75.00,
and to pay over a hundred each month on the principle.

Once upon a time this made my credit rating better.

Congress recently passed new regulations and the banks have scrambled to do all the dirty tricks they could before new regulations force them to seek new ways of harvesting us.

Statements arrived, notifying me, in fine print on a back page,
that,
henceforth, overpayments are not allowed via autopay.

One bank immediately (unilaterally) lowered my autopay amount to one dollar less than the minimum payment.
That means not even the monthly interest is paid, and the balance goes up each month.

Fortunately I managed to scrape up enough to pay off the account.

Beware, anyone who is using autopay.
Banks have found another way to rob us.