EXPANSION OF SCIENCE LESSON!

theseeker

Location: Damnit...I'm a doctor jim
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 6:05 am  Reply with quote

professor do you know the difference between a cirrus cloud and a cumulus ?

this is helpful
msu94

Location: Tucson, AZ
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 8:05 am  Reply with quote

No, clouds are not water in a gas state (water vapor) , which is a common misconception.

Clouds are water droplets or particles of a very small size. They can be either liquid or ice, depending on several factors. You can actually have liquid droplets at well below freezing temps, which is how aircraft get structural icing, because those liquid drops freeze to the aircraft.

Cirrus is the thin stuff you see that is really high, and is composed ice crystals. Obviously the sun can not just instantly melt ice crystals at that altitude, due to the existence of cirrus clouds, and that you have ice on mountains that approach 30,000 elevation. These are so thin and you can often see thru them, and are what cause sun dogs, moon dogs, and halos.

Water vapor is like the air outside, you have water in a gaseous form. Add more water or cool the air, and that can change into liquid.

Dont let anyone tell you clouds are water vapor.

Billy Joe McAllister

PostWed Feb 12, 2003 8:50 am  Reply with quote

quote:
BUT THERE IS EFFECT OF HANGING IN THE ATMOSPHERE BY A VERY LIGHT WEIGHT LIQUID WHICH EVENTUALLY FALLS TO THE GROUND! THAT IS ITS PURPOSE!

AHA! Everything I knew was wrong!!! Liquid has to be very light to fall to the ground! This makes so much sense! And I always thought it had to be heavier than air.

I was under the impression cirrus clouds are vapor clouds though, in the sense that the ice crystals of which they are composed sublimate directly from a vapor state to ice crystal. But I'm waiting for master/ teacher stameyjd to once again correct me of my ignorant assumptions.
the professor

Location: heartland USA
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:29 pm  Reply with quote

http://pub31.ezboard.com/fcontrailsandchemtrails22884frm1.showPrevMessage?topicID=851.topic

quote weather above 100 xtimes different 100 ? I'm glad in those cold weather states
that when people breathe their breath steam
isn't miles long, lol.
the professor

Location: heartland USA
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:32 pm  Reply with quote

speaking of rages in mouth post above
Feelin Kocky

Location: Underground Weather Control Bunker
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

You would have a good point, professor, if the mist of you breath was similar in any way to contrail formation.

F.K.
 View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail
the professor

Location: heartland USA
PostWed Feb 12, 2003 3:48 pm  Reply with quote

good reading here http://pub31.ezboard.com/fcontrailsandchemtrails22884frm1.showMessageRange?topicID=851.topic&start=21&stop=37
CaptWalker

PostWed Feb 12, 2003 10:36 pm  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Feelin Kocky:
You would have a good point, professor, if the mist of you breath was similar in any way to contrail formation.

F.K.

It is actually similar, just on a MUCH smaller scale. Same principles at work.
Feelin Kocky

Location: Underground Weather Control Bunker
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 2:20 am  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by CaptWalker:
It is actually similar, just on a MUCH smaller scale. Same principles at work.

OK, at the very basics of saturating, yes they are similar. I should have worded my previous response better.

professor said: >>I'm glad in those cold weather states that when people breathe their breath steam isn't miles long, lol.<<

I have seen on many many many numerous occasions steam plumes from the cooling towers at some of the plants near my town that stretch to the horizon. Ie. several miles long. So I guess that proves that what we see at high altitudes must be water also? Since we are attempting to compare the two.

F.K.
 View user's profile Visit poster's website Send private message Send e-mail
msu94

Location: Tucson, AZ
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 3:30 am  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by the professor:
http://pub31.ezboard.com/fcontrailsandchemtrails22884frm1.showPrevMessage?topicID=8 51.topic

quote weather above 100 xtimes different 100 ? I'm glad in those cold weather states
that when people breathe their breath steam
isn't miles long, lol.

Have you not seen the pictures of arctic explorers and those who climb high mountains, who have beards and mustaches covered in ice from their breath?

the professor

Location: heartland USA
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 4:33 am  Reply with quote

You don't have to tell me I've lived in Alaska for some time. I would like to add
something I believe most have also overlooked. If your dispersing chemicals
at high altitudes how much would the
chemical expand compared to water?
It's a thought for the day thing.
theseeker

Location: Damnit...I'm a doctor jim
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 4:43 am  Reply with quote

>>>If your dispersing chemicals
at high altitudes how much would the
chemical expand compared to water?<<<

don't think to long...water is the only substance that expands when freezing...

msu94

Location: Tucson, AZ
PostThu Feb 13, 2003 6:03 am  Reply with quote

I envy you to live in Alaska. Well maybe not this time of the year, although I did put in a year in Fargo ND.

Atmosphere pressure would not affect a solid, but temperature would in terms of making it contract. But yet, water does expand when changing from liquid to solid.

Well one thing I have tried to point out to chemtrail believers, but when doing so have usually been called (CIA agent, tool of Satan, not a real pilot, or so-called pilot, disinfo agent, etc etc), is that in addition to it being really really cold up there, the air is also extremely thin.

Both of those inhibit evaporation quite a bit.

One time a chemtrail believer on cliffords board, did disagree with me (along with some name calling but he will remain nameless), and said since it is so dry up there, water should evaporate just like it was the sahara.

Well in terms of raw moisture content, sure it is drier than sahara. But humidity is RELATIVE compared to the capacity of the water to hold air. It takes very little additional moisture up there to locally saturate the air.

Now if a chemtrail believer disagrees with my science or meteorology, please do so in a logical and analytical manner. Calling me a disinfo agent or so-called pilot and then avoiding the nuts and bolts of an issue does your side no good at all.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by msu94 on 02-12-2003]
CaptWalker

PostThu Feb 13, 2003 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

quote:
I have seen on many many many numerous occasions steam plumes from the cooling towers at some of the plants near my town that stretch to the horizon. Ie. several miles long. So I guess that proves that what we see at high altitudes must be water also? Since we are attempting to compare the two. F.K.[/B]

Sorry, I'm confused and maybe should just lurk some more. It sounded to me like Professor and you were both trying to dispell the notion that simple warm moist air can't linger as visible 'clouds', ie contrails or human breath, and that the two were in no way like each other.

It would seem to the layman that contrails and human breath are very similar (just on greatly different scales) and that the analogy of days when you can see your breath longer (or the steam stacks build longer, I too have seen this from a couple nuclear cooling towers where some days you can watch the steam disapate within a couple dozen yards and other days where it stretches for a couple hundred) is just like days when there are persistent contrails.

BTW, I'm not sure what quote The Professor is referring to in the first place.

1, 2