On theart of the graceful exit

Post new topic Reply to topic
Chemtrail Central > Freeform

Author Thread
Chem11

On theart of the graceful exit PostSun Sep 09, 2001 6:48 pm  Reply with quote

This is something I first noticed shortly afer I arrived here at the the Chemtrail Central forums; people seem to exhibit a tendency to do a lot of door slamming when and if they decide to leave.

I don't understand this. This is a damn good venue that Thermit has provided. Security is tight, posts are rarely deleted, his server is always up and the admin's patience is legendary.

And it's always a personal issue that prompts one of these ill-conceived departures. If you don't see the value in forging a collective voice, in gathering and sharing information and continuing to promote the cause of awareness, well... no one is putting a gun to your head.

But it doesn't really do anyone much good to leave in a huff. If you'r burned out, take a breather. If you simply want to re-focus your efforts in anther direction, more power to you.

If you want to break the latch on the Chemtrail Central door and take out your frustration on people who clearly don't deserve it, get in line. It seems to be something of a fad recently.

For whatever reason, you don't see this behavior at Clifford Carnicoms. Posters consider participation to be a priviledge, not a right.

So, that's my two cents. If you're going to go for whatever reason, go. But spare the people who choose to continue to soldier on the drama. It's destructive, disrespectful and a complete waste of bandwidth.
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 12:05 am  Reply with quote

Chem11, I am so glad the "written" cyber words can be "taken back"! I just took a bunch of some of the stupidest words I have ever written. In their place, I wish to leave "positive" vibes, kindness, respect, love, and prayers for all who enter and read this topic. Love all, Joanne ^j^

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Delphi on 09-10-2001]
ShadowDancer

Location: Western New York
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 3:07 am  Reply with quote

Jo, I for one think that you have contributed a great deal to this cause.

Chem, give people a break. This topic naturally carries a high level of emotion, and it's so easy to get burned out just fighting the everyday fights...I haven't been here long at all, and on more than one occasion I have been tempted to leave. I try very hard to keep looking towards tomorrow, but sometimes that doesn't work. We all need a little break sometimes. We all need to let off steam sometimes. Try and be a little tolerant. We're all in this together whether we want to be or not, such is the price of living with awareness. When they say "Ignorance is bliss," they are most certainly right. There are sure a lot of things that I wish I didn't know, but you can't turn back time. We all make mistakes, and we all have the capacity to react from emotion rather than reason. I, for one, tend to do it a lot, that is simply my nature.

~SD

------------------
~Always Searching~
Chem11

PostMon Sep 10, 2001 4:44 am  Reply with quote

Joanne, the last thing I or anyone else wants you to do is leave. Nor am I particularly thrilled with RTW's departure. Let me repeat that:

I am not thrilled with RTW's departure.

This post was not specifically directed towards any one person. If I was to make a list of the folks who have engaged in this 'door slamming' it would include several people, including yourself, whom I deeply respect.

However, this seems to be a trend here. A form of, what appears to be, learned behavior. As perviously stated, I find it disrespectful and undignified.

Now, I could shake my head and let it slide and watch more and more people engage in these Cydoniaquest-style exits or I can voice my opinion and hope that people take an unbiased and impersonal look at what I'm saying.

It's disrespectful.

It's hurtful.

And it's pointless.

Shadow, you say that 'ignorance is bliss'. I whole-heartedly disagree. Ignorance is a living death. A mind enslaved is a waste of grey matter. The truth may be a harsh mistress, but I infinately prefer it to intellectual and spiritual imprisonment.

Delphi, re-read the post and try an not internalize what I am saying. From an objective standpoint, do you really disagree with what I'm saying?

Every time I read one of these posts, I feel like it almost an attack on the board itself. It's a push-off and it reflects poorly on the entire forum.

This isn't personal. It's idealogical. We've lost too many senior posters because of soap opera drama in the last week and it is time to a look at some the underlying reasons.

Dr Spook

Joined: 09 Sep 2001
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 6:28 am  Reply with quote

In the words multiple felon, and chronic drug user, Rodney King "Can't we all just git along?"

Maybe we should all just love one another….like they do on Star Trek

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Dr Spook on 09-10-2001]
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 8:23 am  Reply with quote

Dr. S., I'm for the "love angle" big time, but everybody keeps runnin away! Heh, heh. Welcome, my pointy eared lil munchkin...What are ya doing this side of the universe?? You caught me having some "bad moments"...it's not always like this and I'm a o.k. gal mostly! Been acting like a pompous ass lately, is all, must be something I ate or something in the air...(the chems maybe). The chem ingredients might not be "compatible" with my "alien" brain! Blessings, Joanne

[Edited 2 times, lastly by Delphi on 09-10-2001]
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 9:02 am  Reply with quote

Chem11 is right...the more I read what he said and think calmly about it, it is correct as stated. I would like to apologize to Thermit, moderators all, new members, "old timers" here on board...I hope ya'll will accept my heartfelt apologies for acting like an ass. I wish I wasn't such a "moody" wench! Blessings and love to all...Joanne ^j^

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Delphi on 09-18-2001]
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 9:06 am  Reply with quote

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Delphi on 09-18-2001]
Chem11

PostMon Sep 10, 2001 9:43 am  Reply with quote

Anytime, D. I've gotten pretty good at calling people out on all sorts of different issues. Sad but true.

You might want to drop Thermit a line as far as deleting an entire thread... my Chemtrail Central superpowers are rendered useless as soon as I cross the Neutral Zone. And If I start deleting entire threads, my custom status is liable to read 'ex-moderator' by morning...

Chem
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 11:09 am  Reply with quote

Thanx again Chem. In case you haven't had a chance to notice, I have gone back and edited every stupid word I said every where that I could find that needed it, including my "Sicko" thread that started it all and I have messaged to Thermit as well. If that topic cannot be removed, I edited it beyond recognition of its former self in the hopes that, that at least will help some! Blessings, Joanne ^j^ Hope I didn't "freak ya out" before.in the message section dealy..was just being so emotional...hot flashes and mood swings, I guess! J.
3T3L1

Location: Lubbock, Texas
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Interesting, Chem. My superpowers disappear as soon as I ENTER The Neutral Zone. Anyway, I can delete the thread, Delphi, but Thermit doesn't like to have threads deleted. So I'll wait until he rules on it. I think it looks fine with the modifications you've made, though.
Lulu

Joined: 22 Dec 2000
Location: right here
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 3:36 pm  Reply with quote

Delphi! You discovered the Joy of "edit"

As far as removing your thread, best let the boss decide on that one.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Lulu on 06-01-2003]
Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostMon Sep 10, 2001 10:37 pm  Reply with quote

Thanx all...I spoke to Thermit and all is well. Sorry about all the mess, guys! Love, Joanne ^j^