Let's tell them what we think about bad/no press

Delphi

Location: S. Bossier, Louisiana
PostThu Jun 21, 2001 10:28 pm  Reply with quote

Lulu, My God, you're a good writer! And KIM and everyone, yes, thank you everyone up there in Ohio working so hard!! You are really all a swell buncha folks! Love and light and peace and Blessings to all, Joanne
Thermit

Location: Texas
PostMon Jun 25, 2001 8:51 pm  Reply with quote

Some comments on the protest by one of the participants...

quote:

andyoch
Registered User (carnicom's)
(6/25/01 12:44:49 pm)
My take on the protest

I have bad news and I have good news.

First, the bad news. Only a tad less than fifty showed up in addition to no news media (as usual). I didn't do an exact head count. Not very many flyers were taken by the few passers-by that happened along.

The choice of Wright-Pat as a protest site may have been unfortunate since only military people would be in the area, and we weren't likely to get a friendly response from those who would assume that they were objects of our feeble wrath. Oh well.

It would seem that a few folks had went a long way for very little. But, we did get a chance to meet each other anyway.

When we got back to Columbus we had a parking problem around Kim Weber's place as there was a festival going on in the neighborhood. This "Comfest" (Community Festival) was drawing a huge number of folks, largely Yuppie types. It was set in an old renovated area near downtown, lots of great old houses and High Street sported new art galleries and other "upscale" type shops and restaurants. THIS WAS THE CROWD WE WERE LOOKING FOR!!!

So, someone got a crazy idea: "Hey, let's go see what's going on at the park!". We took all of our chemtrail paraphenalia and went over to the park. I had never seen so many people packed in this area since I came back to Columbus in '98!

THE RESPONSE WAS GREAT!!! We got rid of a heck of a lot the stuff we had printed. Then the few of us that were still on hand Sunday gave out the rest. On Sunday afternoon we had printed up another 800 flyers, and probably handed out at least 650 of those. I suspect that we handed out about 1000 or more pieces of literature in total before we finally pooped out in the hot Sunday afternoon sunlight.

WE NEED TO FIND MORE FESTIVALS LIKE THIS :-)

We've learned some valuable lessons.

All's well that ends well.

Andy

Thermit

Location: Texas
PostThu Jun 28, 2001 4:59 pm  Reply with quote

Lo's Protest Pixs:

http://users.ev1.net/~seektress/protest2.htm

1, 2