Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Secret Shadow Government/Today's Music

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
Delphi

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 4:07 am  Reply with quote  

T/S, I saw you mention Rush...I haven't heard anyone when mention them in a while! I have their "Grace Under Pressure" tape still and probably some others around yet...I probably have thousands of tapes and CDs and sure have always "loved" music...but it pees me off that I have no "out-let" for it! I tried teaching myself guitar but didn't quite "get it". And as for singing, I "warble like a screaming chicken" or somethin! I emailed Queensryche about doing a song or album about chemtrails and someone in charge said she would get my websites about chems I listed and other information I gave to the band at rehearsal hall....will see....that would be "too much"!!! I wish they would do a song, as they did the "mind control" scenario in Mindcrime so maybe this kinda dealy about "chems" would be something different they'd like to try...anyway, they kick metal ass...the tapes I ever did acquire, I LOVED, and even have videos of them performing and Geoff looks "tough"!...a little like a young Christopher Walkin in certain views...man, ole Chris W. was hot in the Deer Hunter! Blessings, Joanne
theseeker

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 6:01 am  Reply with quote  

Rush, was an awesome band...they told stories...with crystal clear lyrical content, and 3 of the best musicians on the planet to send it home...bands to me that tell stories are using music for what it was meant to be, not to make you act, but to make you think...I'm so glad you brought it up Delphi...think I'll download *subdivions* from signals....and from grace...*I see red*....If I'm lucky...*red barchetta*...from pictures....man I could go on and on...

grins

T/S
eyesopen

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 6:48 am  Reply with quote  

Gosh you are all into good music! Nice to hear some people still know good 80's tunes. Who made your guitar synth Chem11? Roland? The "Les Paul" looking model? I know this is kind of getting of topic but I play in a sort of popular local band here in Maine (very small time!)and spend a lot of time listening to music. I also spend too much money on gear and have more guitars than I can admit to!
Chem11

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 7:14 am  Reply with quote  

Nah, it was the Yamaha model eyesopen. A lot more sensitive (and finicky) than the Roland. I had it it strapped to an EMU Proteus rack-mount sound module. I eventually sold the Proteus to a sound engineer that was working on one of Don Henley's solo effort.

My first love was classical violin. From there I went to bass guitar. I had a Charvel/Jackson neck-through- body that was crafted by the gods. It was stolen and I have never been able to replace it. I've played ten-thousand dollar axes that couldn't even come close.

Anyway, the last gig I played was at the Roxy in Hollywood, more years ago than I care to remember. Didn't make it, but then again, who does? I did hear one of my songs on KLOS as I was making my Escape From LA, which was my stated goal when I first got involved in the biz. So it's all good. NSAsucks and I probably crossed each others paths a dozen times down there. He was a player during that time period, as well.

Small world, no?

Delphi

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 7:15 am  Reply with quote  

eyesopen, I know what ya mean...I had several guitars, bass, accoustic, electric....finally had a garage sale and sold em all...figured out I wasn't gonna be a female version of Ace Frehley or Angus Young, I left that to newer, up-n-coming "axe-men" that could tear hell outta their "equipment"! Ya think I coulda learned bass guitar...thought it woulda been easier...but then I had a couple a "lil" ones '"nippin" at my heels...no, not Angus...but, anyway...Blessings Joanne
eyesopen

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 7:52 am  Reply with quote  

Delphi, I love garage sale with guitars in them! Don't tell me you sold all guitars off at cheap prices! It will hurt me! Chem11, I have been to the Roxy many times, not to play though. I gave it a shot there for 8 or so years. My last gig was at a Mexican food place that kept telling us to turn down. Well if anyone has any old instruments that might be for sale......
theseeker

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 8:53 am  Reply with quote  

my first guitar was a paul stanley knock-off....but my favorite was my gibson sonex 180...dual humbuckers...the whole bit....a square wave distortion box, and a marshall stack....it would move your hair

T/S
Delphi

PostThu Aug 30, 2001 10:36 am  Reply with quote  

eyesopen, Ah, the guitors were nothin too special anyways..got em mostly at pawn shops and stuff...gave one to a relative aspiring to be in a band...he switched to drums anyway. Might decide to take piano lessons...never too late, I suppose...I saw Jerry Lee Lewis once in Jersey...he wasn't too cool....kinda "zonked" and belligerent. Saw REO in Hawaii...was cool outdoors concert! Was in San Fransico at the Presidio for awhile, but didn't get to see any of the good stuff goin on there at the time...Lots of nite spots but the "great White Way"...New York, had that beat back then. Blessings, Joanne