News Archive
Channelings
Etcetera
PSAs
Media
Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Bush wants military aid for Iraq and N. Korea!

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
Chem11

Bush wants military aid for Iraq and N. Korea! PostWed Sep 26, 2001 12:48 am  Reply with quote  

This, I suppose, falls under the guise of 'fighting terrorism'? Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. Last time I checked, we we're ready to blow Hussein off the face of the Earth. Last time I checked he was Adolf Hitler and he HAD TO BE STOPPED. Now we want to give him military aid?

Insane. Our elected (?) officials have gone truly and remarkably insane...

BUSH WANTS TO SEND MILITARY AID TO SYRIA, IRAN

WASHINGTON [MENL] -- The United States wants to provide military aid to Iran and Syria to woo them to a Washington-led coalition against terrorism.

President George Bush has asked Congress to lift restrictions on the provision of military aid and weapons to those on the State Department list of terrorist sponsors. The list contains such countries as Iran, Iraq, Libya, Sudan, North Korea and Yemen.

The waiver would last for five years and allow the administration to provide military aid to any country, regardless of its record on terrorism or human rights. The Bush administration is said to believe that Iran and Syria will be crucial in any coalition against Saudi billionaire fugitive Osama Bin Laden.

Currently, Bush is prohibited by U.S. law from providing military aid to the so-called rogue states. Both Iran and Syria have rejected joining a U.S.-led coalition and, instead, have called for a United Nations effort against terrorism.

The Bush effort comes as the administration has sent Iran a message that appeals for its support in the fight against terrorism. Such a message is being delivered by British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw during his visit to Teheran.

On Saturday, the United States lifted sanctions from India and Pakistan. The sanctions were imposed in 1998 after both countries detonated nuclear bombs.

Congressional sources acknowledged the administration's effort to lift military sanctions against Iran and Syria. They said congressional leaders have requested to meet with the White House for clarification. The waiver must be obtained through congressional legislation.

"We all want to be helpful, and I will listen to what they have in mind," Senate Judiciary Committee chairman Sen. Patrick Leahy told the Washington Post on Monday. "But we also want to be convinced that what is being proposed is sound, measured and necessary and not merely impulsive."

http://www.menewsline.com/stories/2001/september/09_25_6.html
Delphi

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 1:58 am  Reply with quote  

Have you read Dianes article at Renses site? (Diane Harvey) for anyone else who reads this...it is an excellent article that shows just how confusing, "crazy", stupid and what all else, this whole mess is and how insane TPTB, govt. and so forth, are....wish we could all do as that one airline pilot told his passengers to do recently...to fight THEM any way we can, "tooth and nail",...to get all those insane idiots out of office...hell, you can see the "insanity" of some of them in their "eyes" and their "smirks" and their furtive "winks". Enuf is enuf!! Bless us all. J. ^j^
Chem11

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 2:34 am  Reply with quote  

No, didn't catch that... a bit of departure from her usual commentary. You'll like this one T/S... no thesaurus required!

"They say that the best thing we can do about all this is to go out and buy more stuff.

They say that we need a whole lot of new laws immediately because we are in grave danger and this is no time to be fussy about an outdated and hampering Constitution."

And that appears to be the sum total of political leadership on this issue. Buy stuff, rape the constitution and give more money and more technology to nations that sponsor terrorism.

I've come to a conclusion; George Bush, Jr. isn't just 'playing' dumb. He is perhaps the most dangerously incompetant politician on the world stage.
theseeker

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 3:19 am  Reply with quote  

man....sedona the chair-person of "blame America first crowd"

ok, we should buy more stuff and keep doing what we do or the terrorists win...

as far as the "laws, and constitution", what is being put forth by lawmakers is for the justice department to be able to use the same survielance guidelines they use against drug traffic and dealers....

I've come to a conclusion; George Bush, Jr. isn't just 'playing' dumb. He is perhaps the most dangerously incompetant politician on the world stage.

well...dubya has the highest approval rating for any sitting president...he attended Phillips Academy prep school in Andover, Mass. Bachelor's degree in history, Yale University, 1968, Pilot Texas Air National Guard 1968-73, master's degree from Harvard Business School, 1975.

I'm just wondering what sedona's educational qualifications are, besides being an "estemed" writer for jeff rense....hmmmm....ba in liberal arts....I'm sure...

On a side note, even the very very liberal phil donahue like's the job GW's doing....he said this evening on O'reilly that "GW was obviously raised right"....in regards to his speech and how he teared up, showing how he actually cares for this country...

just shows you how far left dear miss harvey is....

with loving regards

T/S

Thermit

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 4:20 am  Reply with quote  

Chem, if this is true, can you find a reference on a more mainstream news service? I heard about possible participation in a cooperative coalition against terror, but not anything about arms. We couldn't possibly be that stupid, could we? Anybody think this is a good idea?
Chem11

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 4:47 am  Reply with quote  

Well, the Washington Post's 'cozyness' with the CIA has been fairly well documented, so I guess they would qualify as mainstream...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14035-2001Sep23.html

Yep. We really are that stupid. This latest development has left me a bit 'dumb'founded as well, Thermit.

Please address the issue T/S... Mark Twain once said that you should never confuse a persons education with their schooling...

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Chem11 on 09-25-2001]
theseeker

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 5:33 am  Reply with quote  

after reading http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A14035-2001Sep23.html again I'm wondering why we would bend over backwards that far, I'm not going to question it, but am sending it to a few who could...

Btw, no confusion here chem, I felt sedona's words needed to be compared with another view...

This is interesting....
http://www.middleeastwire.com/iran/stories/20010314_2_meno.shtml

quote from above link...

US DENIES ASKING STRAW TO MEDIATE WITH TEHRAN

British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said London will show Iran some evidence of the deadly attacks in the US and will seek "advice" from Tehran about its neighbor Afghanistan. Straw denied carrying any message to Iran about the attacks during his groundbreaking visit.

T/S

Chem11

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 6:16 am  Reply with quote  

Actually, this is the content of the link you provided, T/S...

US Renews Sanctions On Iran
Future News (Beirut)

Posted Wednesday March 14, 2001 - 05:48:53 PM EST

Beirut - President George W. Bush has renewed sanctions on US trade and investment in Iran.

Washington also warned Moscow that possible arms sales to Tehran could have "serious ramifications" for US-Russian bilateral ties. In renewing the sanctions, imposed since 1995 and set to expire on Thursday, Bush claimed Iran continues to threaten Washington's national security, economy and foreign policy.

Separately, White House officials said Russia's announcement that it is poised to expand nuclear and weapons cooperation with Tehran, during a visit to Moscow by Iranian President Mohammad Khatami, doesn't help bilateral relations. Washington fears the new relationship, coupled with Russia's decision to scrap a 1995 agreement with the US banning arms sales to Iran, will help Tehran develop nuclear arMs. Washington admitted it was still not sure about the type of weapons and technology Russia said it was planning to sell to Iran.

Tehran has rejected US condemnation. Washington severed ties with Iran after its embassy staff were taken hostage after the 1979 Islamic revolution.

Ah, the fortunes of war.
theseeker

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 7:50 am  Reply with quote  

wow...I really am gettin' burned out...maybe I did make an anonymous post at deb's...lol...I was interested on how hard the line was before all those countries were to get the "key" to the city...of course maybe I just do not understand the word, or use of the term *curbs*....

link connected to my previous post:

http://www.future.com.lb/news/index.html

here's some other stuff pre-event :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_1190000/1190301.stm

a totally unrelated picture of Kofi annan

T/S

[Edited 1 times, lastly by theseeker on 09-26-2001]

PostWed Sep 26, 2001 7:49 pm  Reply with quote  

Man, I just hate it when that pesky Constitution gets in the way. Dern it all!

Anyone else think it's about time to find your local militia?