Flags on uniforms are backwards

increase 1776

Location: Bizzaro World
Flags on uniforms are backwards PostFri Sep 10, 2004 9:23 am  Reply with quote

Why are the American flags on the uniforms backwards.I read about this a while ago but could not confirm it,until now. http://ppoopp.host.sk/war/index.htm Check this image at this web site.In everyone of the photos i view the American flag is on backwards.Check the right sleeves of the soldiers.Were these uniforms made in China ? This is sickening.
_________________
"The police are not here to create disorder.
The police are here to preserve disorder." Mayor Richard Daley
snakelady

PostFri Sep 10, 2004 11:38 am  Reply with quote

That IS weird. What do you think it means?
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
increase 1776

Location: Bizzaro World
PostFri Sep 10, 2004 3:41 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know what to make of it.Need info from some military or former military type person.First time I saw a photo and a comment on the backward flag I tried to find photos of our soldiers in Iraq to verify it ,but no luck.So I forgot about it until these photos came up.None of these photos will repost here though.
_________________
"The police are not here to create disorder.
The police are here to preserve disorder." Mayor Richard Daley
CDsNuTz

Location: Down the hill a bit
PostFri Sep 10, 2004 11:50 pm  Reply with quote

Im not military but here....

What is the proper way to wear a flag patch on one's shoulder sleeve?

Left Flag
Right or "reversed field" flag

To wear our country's flag properly, the field of stars should be worn closest to your heart. Thus, if your patch is to be worn on your LEFT sleeve, use a left flag. For patches worn on your RIGHT sleeve, use a "right" or "reversed field" flag. Since the law does not specifically address the positioning of the patch, a decision is left to the discretion of the organization prescribing the wear. Some elect to use the "left" flag on both sleeves. [Note: many states and cities have ordinances pertaining to the use of the flag; you may wish to contact the Attorney General of your state or the City Attorney’s office regarding this matter.] If you are planning to wear only one patch, it is recommended that you wear a "left" flag on your left sleeve. Military guidelines specify that in support of joint or multi-national operations, the "right" flag is worn on the right sleeve, 1/4" below the shoulder seam or 1/8" below any required unit patches.
Source: Army Website FAQs
increase 1776

Location: Bizzaro World
PostSat Sep 11, 2004 2:54 am  Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up CDsNuTz.
_________________
"The police are not here to create disorder.
The police are here to preserve disorder." Mayor Richard Daley
shatoga

Joined: 23 Nov 2002
PostSat Sep 11, 2004 3:11 am  Reply with quote

The flag on my uniform was backward but it was the only flag they offerred so I used it as ordered.
Probably same for today.

One flag patch fits all.
CDsNuTz

Location: Down the hill a bit
PostSat Sep 11, 2004 3:21 am  Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy No Problem!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Laughing