9/11 Roundtable

KNOW-THIS

9/11 Roundtable PostFri Jun 10, 2005 5:48 am  Reply with quote

Figured I'd post this here also so that everyone is sure to see it.

This is going to be great radio! David Griffin will be debating alongside Alex Jones, can't wait!!!!

For those that don't remember, Griffin was the one who did a fantastic and fully detailed speech on C-SPAN (about his book exposing the truth about 9/11) that was as good as I've heard. This guy really has his s!@# together for real. I don't even know who the two government shills are?

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/06/16.html

quote:
9-11 Roundtable Jerry Corsi Peter Lance David Ray Griffin Alex Jones
Jerry Corsi and Peter Lance will team up against David Ray Griffin and Alex Jones to discuss whether Muslims acted alone on 9-11, or not.

******Don't miss it!******
Date: Thursday June 16th, 2005[/u]

Griffin's book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1566565847/ctoc/002-6541385-5835220

_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
KNOW-THIS

PostThu Jun 16, 2005 9:01 am  Reply with quote

The battle for the truth begins later today.......

OOhhh this is going to be good!

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/06/16.html

9-11 Roundtable

Peter Lance and Mike Levine will team up against David Ray Griffin and Alex Jones to discuss whether Muslims acted alone on 9-11, or not.
_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
KNOW-THIS

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 2:23 am  Reply with quote

I'm now hearing that tonight's show may even be extended for an extra hour!

The first hour there will a fifth guest also:

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/06/16.html

quote:
First Hour: Morgan Reynolds, former chief economist for the US Dept. of Labor during 2001–2, will share his contention that the WTC collapse was likely a controlled demolition.

quote:
Panelists:

* Alex Jones is an award-winning documentary filmmaker and political researcher. He has created a special page to accompany tonight's discussion, which includes a video clip from his latest work Martial Law 9-11.
* David Ray Griffin, Professor Emeritus at Claremont, is the author of several books including, The New Pearl Harbor: Disturbing Questions about the Bush Administration and 9/11.
* Peter Lance is an Emmy-winning investigative reporter now working as a screenwriter and novelist. He has sent us the following links to audio and articles.
* Michael Levine is a 25-year veteran of covert operations for the DEA, and the host of The Expert Witness Radio Show, heard in New York City and Los Angeles.

_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
KNOW-THIS

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 2:29 am  Reply with quote

http://kurtnimmo.com/blog/?p=717

Morgan Reynolds’ Nine Eleven Inside Job: Corporate Media Silence is Golden

quote:
Are you surprised? The Morgan Reynolds story about nine eleven being an “inside job” has received nada coverage beyond the original UPI story—that is to say nada coverage in the corporate media (it was covered immediately by Conspiracy Planet and Collective Bellaciao and I’m sure other alternative news sites). Google news search results are pathetic. You’d think this would be a HUGE story—a former $#@#! declaring it is distinctly possible America was attacked by its own government—but instead we get the following (posted on the KLAS TV site):

The Michael Jackson verdict is was the lead story across the world. The Jackson trial was found not just on tabloids but also more high-minded newspapers.

Since the story broke yesterday, the Jackson melodrama has returned 1,784 results on the Google News search engine.

Meanwhile, real news—news of national and international significance—is scoffed at by corporate toadies, for instance Los Angeles Times editorial page editor Michael Kinsley. “Developing a paranoid theory and promoting it to the very edge of national respectability takes ideological self-confidence,” Kinsley declared sarcastically about the Downing Street Memo story two days ago. Meanwhile, Michael Getler of the Washington Post deemed people concerned about Bush and crew planning an invasion, mass murder, and occupation without good reason “wing nuts” out on the edge of respectable opinion.

“What can reading USA Today tell us about the Downing Street Memo (DSM) story? Zip. Zilch. Nothing. At least that was the case for the first 38 days after the memo was published in London’s Sunday Times. USA Today published not a word about it until June 8, 2005,” writes Cynthia Bogard. “The Bush Administration successfully stymied almost all mainstream coverage of the issue until Reuter reporter Steve Holland’s brave question at the joint Bush-Blair news conference on June 7. They had a lot of help from the White House press corps which, despite 19 daily briefings, asked Bush spokesperson Scott McClellan exactly two questions about the memo between May 1 and USA Today’s first mention of it on June 8.”

“USA Today chose not to publish anything about the memo before today for several reasons, says Jim Cox, the newspaper’s senior assignment editor for foreign news. ‘We could not obtain the memo or a copy of it from a reliable source,’ Cox says. ‘There was no explicit confirmation of its authenticity from (Blair’s office). And it was disclosed four days before the British elections, raising concerns about the timing,’” writes Editor & Publisher.

Does Cox think Bush’s poodle was going to hand deliver the memo to his office and also provide “confirmation of its authenticity”? And the fact British elections coincided with the release of the memo is completely irrelevant. Cox was, of course, fishing for excuses. The DSM is nothing less than an embarrassment for the corporate media because it so slavishly (and transparently) served as Bush’s propaganda organ for perpetuating war crimes, telling us straight-faced such absurdities as Osama and Saddam were buddies, Iraq had weapons of mass destruction when the people who destroyed Iraq’s weapons said otherwise, Saddam shopped around for yellowcake, model airplanes were deadly drones, Atta met with an Iraqi secret agenda in Prague, and other whoppers, all lies and dissembling chatter.

“If there’s one thing left wingers love, it’s a good, old-fashioned conspiracy. Give them a small nibble of a ‘claim’ of wrong doing against the current White House, conservatives, or Republicans, and the left wing fringe will pounce into action. Facts? Data? Evidence? Those items are simply minor inconveniences to their ‘analysis’ of right wing efforts to rule the world, steal elections, plant White House reporters, or a host of other perceived dirty deeds,” scribbles Bobby Eberle for GOPUSA.

Claim my foot. Anybody with two brain cells to rub together understands Bush and crew lied, fabricated “intelligence,” and planned the “war” against Iraq years ago. But since it wasn’t covered by the “liberal” New York Times and the one-time (still-time no doubt) CIA asset (Operation Mockingbird) the Washington Post it is little more than an “old-fashioned conspiracy” by the “left wing fringe.” Facts ain’t facts unless they appear in the corporate media. I once had a former New York Times stringer tell me as much.

Naturally, the Morgan Reynolds story will go nowhere because the corporate media will ignore it. Down here in the nether regions of the “left wing fringe,” the story will simply be more evidence that the Bush explanation for nine eleven is hogwash and it will add fuel to the speculation that the attacks were an inside job. Morgan Reynolds’ story is so damaging that the corporate media will ignore it—crossing its fingers and hoping it will die—and shills like Michael Kinsley and Michael Getler will not even make sarcastic jokes about it like they did with the DSM story. For the corporate media, silence is golden.

For the rest of us, it is another arrow in our quiver.

_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
Swamp Gas

Location: On a Hill in the Lowlands
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 3:19 am  Reply with quote

I can't navigate that site, so you'll have to recap for some of us.

Mike Levine is a shill. Can't stand the guy.

I hope Alex mops the floor with him.
_________________
Heard it from a pilot who spoke real gooooood!
tranz

Location: Voter Fraud Central
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

How did this go? Anyone got an mp3 of it?
Swamp Gas

Location: On a Hill in the Lowlands
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 2:47 pm  Reply with quote

I joined for one month, and have all 5 hours.
_________________
Heard it from a pilot who spoke real gooooood!
tranz

Location: Voter Fraud Central
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 7:28 pm  Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Swamp Gas
I joined for one month, and have all 5 hours.

Did you listen how was it? Is it worth signing up to get it?
KNOW-THIS

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

As Alex Jones said, this was one of the most anticipated radio shows he's ever heard of and he couldn't find enough nice words to say about Noory for having the kahunas to do it. The show was great, one of the best (in my opinion) as I predicted it might be. What I didn't expect is that all five of the guests, even the first hour's speaker, all concurred that there were at least definite holes in the official story. The difference was varying degrees of how much of the government was being implicated. Peter Lance took the most watered down version, Mike Levine a close second, David Griffin (the most rational and level headed of them all) mostly focused on what he could disprove. Unfortunately he seemed to get the least amount of time to speak. His theory doesn't really have a degree of placement but he did seem most in line to me with Alex. And then of course, Alex Jones was very excited, passionate and explosive as always. Jones had the most extreme views of the panel by far.

I won't go in to all of the actual details of what they talked about simply because there was just so much. If you have the extra bucks I highly recommend that you download it and listen for yourself like Swamp. They did end up tacking on an extra (fifth) hour at the end of the show to take listener phone calls, some of which were fantastic. By then, Alex Jones and Peter Lance were about completely sick of each other and Noory could see that they didn't play very well together.

Like I said, everyone seemed to agree on at least certain very basic principles. Lance seemed to believe that there was definitely criminal negligence but that it didn't reach people like Bush and Cheney. He was saying that focusing on the non-existing illuminati and shadow government is nonsense and that it only undermines the fight against the real threat being Al Qaeda. Mike Levine seemed to have the same basic drift more or less although not quite as extreme as Lance. With that being said, lance was being the biggest bitch to Alex all night and some callers expressed their disgust in him at the end. Lance called Alex the "Limbaugh of the left" and a bully trying to dominate the show with his absurd material. Lance seemed very concerned with just painting the lower levels of government as just being the buffoons (in other words the scapegoats or fall guys for Bush and Cheney) that botched security and allowed 9/11 to happen while Alex was explaining that they weren't dumb at all, they were cold-hearted and calculated and taking orders from Cheney's bunker beneath the White House. Levine seemed to suggest that there were FBI members complicit in certain attacks but that they were largely isolated and separate from the government as a whole. Griffin at one point went after what he said was over 100 outright lies in the 9/11 commission that he addressed in his book. He also talked about how the buildings came downn in and number 7 in particular. They all seemed to agree that building seven was a controlled demolition. Lance however said that pre-wiring a building like that might be for national security reasons because of all the sensitive material they contain. I wasn't buying that and neither was Alex Jones.

They discussed their different theories about what actually happened to the planes. Operation Northwoods and others were mentioned, Lance didn't seem to have much of an answer (if any) for that. In the beginning and near the end Alex and Peter were talking and even yelling over one another sort of blurring the whole experience. It did however add to the excitement of the whole ordeal. They discussed the insane idea of eliminating term limits for presidents. Considering the elections being rigged, Bush could then make himself king for as long as he wished.

They all seemed to agree that the Iraq was a catastrophe.

George Noory took a lot of heat from people sending him hate mail for allowing such a discussion to occur. Alex congratulated him for having the courage to still do it. George said that he wouldn't be able to live with himself if he didn't.

There was so much more but there's no way that I could possibly re-hash all of it without having been taking notes while I was listening.

Again I say, spend the money at Coast (and I don't normally plug) and get this discussion. It was the real deal!
_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"

Last edited by KNOW-THIS on Fri Jun 17, 2005 8:13 pm; edited 5 times in total
KNOW-THIS

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 8:05 pm  Reply with quote

quote:
Did you listen how was it? Is it worth signing up to get it?

One simple answer, YES!!!!

My contracted summary doesn't do it justice. Have to hear it as a whole.
_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
KNOW-THIS

PostFri Jun 17, 2005 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

To Swamp or to anyone else that listened. Please add to the summary because I know that there's much more. Also correct me if I posted any inaccuracies.
_________________
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"
Et in Arcadia ego

Location: The Void
PostFri Jun 17, 2005 10:00 pm  Reply with quote

A related discussion:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=6343
_________________
"If the President has commander-in-chief power to commit torture, he has the power to commit genocide, to sanction slavery, to promote apartheid, to license summary execution."
KNOW-THIS

PostSat Jun 18, 2005 6:22 pm  Reply with quote

So did anyone here listen to it yet? Any thoughts, comments, reactions?

Here's Coast's own recap of the show. I think it was pretty close to my summation of it. The below page has a bunch of links to various sites related to the different speakers as well if anyone's interested.

http://www.coasttocoastam.com/shows/2005/06/16.html

WTC: Controlled Demoliton?

quote:
First half-hour guest, Morgan Reynolds, the former chief economist for the US Dept. of Labor during 2001–2, shared his view that the WTC collapse was likely a controlled demolition. He said there were too many gaps and inadequate explanations in the official story. Read more here.

Recap
9-11 Roundtable

quote:
A 4-hour panel discussion investigating theories behind 9-11 was held featuring four guests, all of whom expressed the belief that there are holes in the official story. Peter Lance and Mike Levine leaned towards the view that the government was negligent but didn't plan the attacks, while the other two panelists David Ray Griffin and Alex Jones suspect an "inside job" to varying extents.

Alex Jones, a documentary filmmaker and political researcher, pointed towards a "shadow" government above Pres. Bush as orchestrating the attacks. The hijackers, he suggested, were government trained operatives, who believed they were part of a drill on September 11th and not on a suicide mission. The planes themselves, he continued, were flown by remote control into the WTC towers. Jones created a special page to accompany the discussion, which includes a video clip from his latest work Martial Law 9-11.

Investigative reporter Peter Lance countered that Jones' theories were preposterous, and that by blaming a "shadow government" the effectiveness of al Qaeda is underestimated. Lance does believe that the U.S. government was negligent in its failure to detect the plot, and criminally culpable in its subsequent cover up of the facts. He sent us the following related links to audio and articles.

Mirroring some of Lance's assertions, radio host Mike Levine said there is enough evidence to put people in front of a grand jury, to face charges related to the deceptions and ineptitudes perpetrated by governmental agencies. Specifically he cited a case where the FBI stopped Joe Weber, head of the Houston office of Homeland Security, from investigating al Qaeda fundraising efforts.

David Ray Griffin, Professor Emeritus at Claremont, argued that there is much that is disprovable about the official story of 9-11, and that a number of the government's explanations over specific events have changed over time. He noted that the Bush administration has referred to 9-11 as an "opportunity," and that the attacks could have been organized by them as a way of subsequently securing funding for such programs as the trillion-dollar weaponization of space.

"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"