Australian Crime Update

Et in Arcadia ego

Location: The Void
Australian Crime Update PostTue Aug 02, 2005 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

An email I recieved today:

Australian Crime Update...please read...

the following will happen in this country if we allow honest citizens to be forced by law to give up their guns. whether you have one or not, we must not allow our government, state or federal, to either remove them from the general population, or know who has what. the federal government is working toward knowing just that. the only gun that i have is the one that i shot myself with and i'm certainly not going to load it again.

bill white

-----

From: Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia

Hi Yanks,

I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars.

The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent ; Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent ; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!)

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information.

The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens.

Take note Americans, before it's too late!

FORWARD TO EVERYONE ON YOUR EMAIL LIST. [I DID ]

DON'T BE A MEMBER OF THE SILENT MAJORITY.

BE OF THE VOCAL MINORITY WHO WON'T LET THIS HAPPEN IN THE! U.S.A

Google Australian gun laws & find information about this yourself.
"If the President has commander-in-chief power to commit torture, he has the power to commit genocide, to sanction slavery, to promote apartheid, to license summary execution."