Secret Service discussed taking action against Em

KNOW-THIS

Secret Service discussed taking action against Em PostSun Aug 07, 2005 2:35 am  Reply with quote

This was in 2003 but still it shows just how off base the government is and where it chooses to focus its attention.

Secret Service probes Eminem 'Bush threat'

quote:
Rapper wishes 'president dead' in reported lyrics to new song 'We as Americans'

The Secret Service is trying to determine if any action needs to be taken regarding a lyric from shock rapper Eminem that may be a threat to President Bush.

Eminem has the president in his sights in his new song ''We as Americans,'' apparently wishing he were dead.

According to the Drudge Report, the nation's top-selling rapper rants:

"F--k money. I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead. It's never been said, but I set precedents and the standards and they can't stand it. ... We as Americans. Us as a citizen. We've got to protect ourselves ..."

A Secret Service probe is routine when something that could be construed as a threat to the president is brought to agents' attention, reports CNN.

''We are aware of the lyric and are in the process of determining what action, if any, will be taken,'' Secret Service spokesman John Gill told the news network.

No stranger to controversy, the Detroit rapper has come under fire for a recently uncovered tape from 1993 in which he uses racial slurs against black women. Eminem dismisses the tape as "foolishness," just an angry reaction to being dumped by his black girlfriend.

Meanwhile, Eminem's "Lose Yourself" has been nominated for song and record of the year by the 46th annual Grammy Awards to be presented Feb. 8 in Los Angeles.

As the feature track in the film "8 Mile," the song has already pulled down an Oscar. It's also up for best rap song and song written for a motion picture, television or other visual media.

The song's breakthrough success at the Oscars is credited for boosting rap music for the first time into contention for one of the four general-category Grammy Awards that are considered the top honors in the U.S. music business.

KNOW-THIS

PostSun Aug 07, 2005 2:41 am  Reply with quote

Here's the anti-Bush song/video Mosh by Eminem that came out right around the time of the last election.

Mosh

quote:
Let the president answer our high anarchy
Strap him with a AK-47, let him go fight his own war
Let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil
No more psychological warfare to trick us to thinking that we ain’t loyal
If we don’t serve our own country, we’re patronizing our hero
Look in his eyes, its all lies
The stars and stripes, have been swiped
Washed out and wiped and replaced with his own face
Mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight, you’ll know why
‘Cuz I told you to fight

quote:
Manson on George W. Bush and Al Gore:
"It's really sad that [the presidential candidates] pretend to care about something as part of their platform and they put down artists who genuinely care, because when it comes right down to it, I create my music for people to listen to and those people deserve to have an opinion and a choice to listen to things."

As to whom he prefers, Bush or Gore:
"I don't think it matters either way 'cause they both hate me."

On Eminem:
"The fact is if someone like him has the balls to do what they do, it helps all of us. And what people need to look at is not whether you agree or disagree with his opinions, but the fact that he's allowed to have his opinions is important for everyone."