The rapid fall of mainstream media

Mech

Location: THE 4th REICH USA
The rapid fall of mainstream media PostSun Aug 07, 2005 5:38 pm  Reply with quote

Alternative Media Amplifies as Mainstream Gatekeepers Decline

Paul Joseph Watson & Alex Jones | August 7 2005

The number of individuals worldwide who acknowledge that there is a hidden hand shaping world events is growing at a faster rate than ever before.

This is directly due to the burgeoning power of the alternative media and the declining influence of the establishment media. Mainstream media has been caught so many times colluding with government in order to sell major domestic and foreign policy initiatives on a foundation of lies. People are voting with their feet and turning away from the mainstream and seeking the truth.

The alternative media is by no means perfect, we make mistakes just as the mainstream does. The difference is that the alternative media actively attempts to tell the truth rather than actively attempting to hide it or misdirect the reader. Furthermore, when we make a mistake we also make the retraction clear, rather than burying it in small type on page 27.

The consistent reports of reducing newspaper subscribers is mirrored on the Internet, as alternative news websites begin to surpass big city newspapers in readership.

Using the Alexa web rankings as a benchmark, we compared a number of popular alternative websites to big city newspaper websites. The results are very encouraging.

The Alexa system has several different filters for measuring traffic to a particular site but the base number appears at the top of the page for every website URL. The lower the number, the more visitors the website gets. For example, Yahoo.com is number one.

Read entire article..

http://prisonplanet.com/articles/august2005/070805alternativemedia.htm

</noembed>