I could pull my hair out strand by strand

KNOW-THIS

I could pull my hair out strand by strand PostThu Aug 18, 2005 12:24 pm  Reply with quote

Bush says $286 bln highway bill creates U.S. jobs

quote:
U.S. President George W. Bush signed a $286.5 billion highway bill on Wednesday that he said would create new jobs but which critics contend is stuffed with billions of dollars worth of lawmakers' pet projects.

quote:
"The bill ... is going to help give hundreds of thousands of Americans good paying jobs," Bush said. "Our economy depends on us having the most efficient, reliable transportation system in the world and if we want people working in America we've got to make sure our highways and roads are modern."

I mean, where do you even begin with such $#@#!? Is this for real? Are we as Americans really being sold this kind of incredibly illogical stupidity and expected to believe it? This would be almost comical if it weren't so damn sad. The fact is, some will actually believe it, or at least want to believe it.

First of all, I don't care if the roads are literally paved immaculately with gold from one end of the country to the other. You have to first have a job to go to damn it. And you have to be able to afford car insurance, car payments and unreal gas prices as well. Sure they'll have to hire a bunch of paving companies for the reconstruction efforts but most of that work goes to illegal immigrants now. Where the hell are the benefits from this supposed to be?

This is no longer America, I don't know what to call it anymore but it has indeed become something else. And I should note that this change isn't at all for the better as it should be.

This rivals the lunacy of the concept that military exercises actually 'help' the environment with explosions and digging tank treads that cultivate the soil. I thought that nothing would top that but this comes darn close.
"You find me offensive? I find you offensive, for finding me offensive"