Media
Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Could someone please assist me on the proper format

Chemtrail Central > Admin Desk

Author Thread
visual ray wizard

Could someone please assist me on the proper format PostTue Jan 03, 2006 2:42 pm  Reply with quote  

for posting pics to the forum. I got the right click the photo and copy the exact url form there but when I attempt to post the pic I must be using the wrong symbols for it to show up. Thanks VRW
Et in Arcadia ego

PostTue Jan 03, 2006 2:58 pm  Reply with quote  

Copy the url like you did. In the CTC 'post reply' window you'll see a row of buttons over the top of the text box. Second from the right is the 'img' button. Click it once, paste your image, than click it again.

That's all you have to do.

Quote my message here and take a look at the code. You can easily input it yourself manually:

RE Posting pics PostTue Jan 03, 2006 11:59 pm  Reply with quote  

thanks for the help. I must still be doing something wrong as far as the code although I thought your directions were straight forward.

[img]http://cmsimg.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?[/img]

Ok what am I doing wrong? Sorry to be such a bother but like they say a picture can be worth a thousand words.

Clicked the right mouse on the pic and chose properties then copied and pasted the url address and used the img button once before and once after. Maybe the Courier Journal has some kind of copyright protection on the address bar perhaps.

Here is the link to the page I am trying to show

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=B2&Date=20060102&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=102003&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=8

I copied your code line and the pic you are showing came out fine. Thanks for your patience in helping me figure this out.

Et in Arcadia ego

PostWed Jan 04, 2006 12:23 am  Reply with quote  

It's not anything you're doing. The pic's embedded in some sort of whacko cold fusion code or something; it's definately not standard HTML, so that's one of the few you can't hotlink to.

You'll also find images once in a while that have a bunch of junk after the file type in the address like so:

www.pr0n.com/22acaciaavenue.jpeg.sdfgwtfg9wryfgvvuab3rtwyvsudghv

The proper way to grab this woudl be to delete all the text after the .jpeg like so:

www.pr0n.com/22acaciaavenue.jpeg

What you can do in this case is 'save image as', then upload it your own webspace or one of the free image hosting services and get a more conventional address that will allow hotlinking.

Ok thanks again PostWed Jan 04, 2006 4:50 am  Reply with quote  

for the tutorial and again my compliments to all of you guys for putting together such a fantastic forum. You guys are number 1. VRW