Media
Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Tucker Carlson owes 2 people 20 bucks.

Chemtrail Central > Conspiracy

Author Thread
KNOW-THIS

Tucker Carlson owes 2 people 20 bucks. PostMon Jan 09, 2006 4:24 am  Reply with quote  

He owes Rachel Maddow & a random caller of his show 40 dollars altogether to be exact. Don't ask me why I remember stuff like this, but I do. I specifically made a mental note of Tucker Carlson's words on two prior occasions regarding the Bush eavesdropping scandal and hunted them down. I knew that he'd eventually be proven wrong on this. Given the degree of certainty he used in placing not one, but two bets on it I felt that it was important to call him out on his losses.

Here's the e-mail that I sent him.

quote:
You owe 40 dollars in lost bets. Below is the link to the poll that you were wrong about and after that are your direct quotes from transcripts from your show if you've forgotten what you said. You had stated (at least twice) that most Americans don't care about warrantless searches but surprise, they do! Will you be paying up?

............................................................................................

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060107/ap_on_go_pr_wh/eavesdropping_ap_poll

Poll: Most Say U.S. Needs Warrant to Snoop

"A majority of Americans want the Bush administration to get court approval before eavesdropping on people inside the United States, even if those calls might involve suspected terrorists, an AP-Ipsos poll shows."

(Now for your own words)
...............................................................................................

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10572897/

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: This is Tim from Denver. I‘m a regular viewer of your show. But tonight when you said that most Americans don‘t care Bush spies on them to make the country safer, I don‘t agree with that at all. And I think you‘re not in tune with the heartbeat of America.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
CARLSON: You live in Denver and you‘re telling me I don‘t know the heartbeat of America? I mean, I could be completely wrong. But I bet I‘m not.
I am actually bothered by it. I think if the president wants to spy on Americans, he ought to tell us and convince us. That‘s what presidents do. They convince people of things. The Congress and the public. And he ought to have convinced us rather than doing it in secret. There‘s no justification for secrecy in this case, despite what they‘ll you. That‘s a lie.
However, I don‘t think the average person agrees with me. I think people are willing to tolerate almost anything as long as they think it‘s making them safe. We‘ll find out. There will be polls on this, and I bet you $20 I‘m right.

......................................................................................................................

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10562768/

MADDOW: But you know, Tucker, it‘s one thing for there to have been a backlash against the Republicans after the impeachment of President Clinton because he lied about having sexual relations with an intern.
It‘s another thing for there to be an expected backlash for trying to impeach the president potentially in this case when what the president did was break the law to spy on Americans without warrants. That kind of seems more serious. I mean, if you want to try too compare the two impeachment cases.
CARLSON: No, it‘s—there‘s absolutely no question. There‘s absolutely no question it‘s more serious. My only point is, that I think most Americans, and I haven‘t seen polling on this, but I bet you 20 bucks I‘m right, most Americans don‘t care.
And if they believe—the president the White House can show that acts of terror were prevented because of this program, everyone is for it. I may be against it, you may be against it. But average people, totally for it.

Last edited by KNOW-THIS on Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total
KNOW-THIS

PostMon Jan 09, 2006 4:33 am  Reply with quote  

Of course this is the poll that the right has been very deceptively using to try to weasel out of this.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/2005/NSA.htm

quote:
December 28, 2005--Sixty-four percent (64%) of Americans believe the National Security Agency (NSA) should be allowed to intercept telephone conversations between terrorism suspects in other countries and people living in the United States. A Rasmussen Reports survey found that just 23% disagree.

The poll is completely irrelevant to the controversy though because it does not address the most important aspect which is the WARRANTLESS, ILLEGAL part. That's exactly what all the fury is about. They had to exclude that major point in order to achieve the desired result of the survey. Interesting tactic eh?