Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Scientists Create Cloak of Invisibility

Chemtrail Central > Science & Technology

Author Thread
mmmmbarium

tagged & banned

Scientists Create Cloak of Invisibility PostSat Oct 21, 2006 2:12 am  Reply with quote  

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/10/19/national/a064936D81.DTL&hw=cloak&sn=001&sc=1000

Scientists Create Cloak of Invisibility

Scientists are boldly going where only fiction has gone before to develop a Cloak of Invisibility. It isn't quite ready to hide a Romulan space ship from Capt. James T. Kirk or to disguise Harry Potter, but it is a significant start and could show the way to more sophisticated designs.

In this first successful experiment, researchers from the United States and England were able to cloak a copper cylinder.

It's like a mirage, where heat causes the bending of light rays and cloaks the road ahead behind an image of the sky.

"We have built an artificial mirage that can hide something from would-be observers in any direction," said cloak designer David Schurig, a research associate in Duke University's electrical and computer engineering department.

For their first attempt, the researchers designed a cloak that prevents microwaves from detecting objects. Like light and radar waves, microwaves usually bounce off objects, making them visible to instruments and creating a shadow that can be detected.

Cloaking used special materials to deflect radar or light or other waves around an object, like water flowing around a smooth rock in a stream. It differs from stealth technology, which does not make an aircraft invisible but reduces the cross-section available to radar, making it hard to track.

The new work points the way for an improved version that could hide people and objects from visible light.

Conceptually, the chance of adapting the concept to visible light is good, Schurig said in a telephone interview. But, he added, "From an engineering point of view it is very challenging."

The cloaking of a cylinder from microwaves comes just five months after Schurig and colleagues published their theory that it should be possible. Their work is reported in a paper in Friday's issue of the journal Science.

"We did this work very quickly ... and that led to a cloak that is not optimal," said co-author David R. Smith, also of Duke. "We know how to make a much better one."

The first working cloak was in only two dimensions and did cast a small shadow, Smith said. The next step is to go for three dimensions and to eliminate any shadow.

Viewers can see things because objects scatter the light that strikes them, reflecting some of it back to the eye.

"The cloak reduces both an object's reflection and its shadow, either of which would enable its detection," Smith said.

The cloak is made of metamaterials, which are mixtures of metal and circuit board materials such as ceramic, Teflon or fiber composite.

In an ideal situation, the cloak and the item it is hiding would be invisible. An observer would see whatever is beyond them, with no evidence the cloaked item exists.

"Since we do not have a perfect cloak at this point, there is some reflection and some shadow, meaning that the background would still be visible just darkened somewhat. ... We now just need to improve the performance of cloaking structures."

In a very speculative application, he added, "one could imagine 'cloaking' acoustic waves, so as to shield a region from vibration or seismic activity."

Natalia M. Litchinitser, a researcher at the University of Michigan department of electrical engineering and computer science who was not part of the research team, said the ideas raised by the work "represent a first step toward the development of functional materials for a wide spectrum of civil and military applications."

Joining Schurig and Smith in the project were researchers at Imperial College in London and SensorMetrix, a materials and technology company in San Diego.

The research was supported by the Intelligence Community Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program and the United Kingdom Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
PAK

PostThu Nov 16, 2006 2:55 am  Reply with quote  

Hi mmmmbarium,

I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering about this cloaking because I have been hearing overhead aircraft that is very unusual. We don't get much traffic because the planes from O'hare are too high to hear, but we do have a local airport that has some traffic, mostly UPS which is on a tight schedule. I know when they fly over. But, we have been hearing, especially when there is extensive cloud cover, aircraft that do not sound like normal jets. They make a rumbling noise that can vibrate the house but it only lasts for a few seconds or so. Then, it's over. No average aircraft do that. One night, I could not sleep, and it went on for hours, only it would last for a few seconds and then maybe 15 or 20 minutes later it would happen again. The night sky was heavily overcast as the stars were not very visible. I have lived here over 25 years and this is a relatively new phenomenom.
mmmmbarium

tagged & banned

PostThu Dec 07, 2006 6:38 am  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by PAK
Hi mmmmbarium,

I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering about this cloaking because I have been hearing overhead aircraft that is very unusual. We don't get much traffic because the planes from O'hare are too high to hear, but we do have a local airport that has some traffic, mostly UPS which is on a tight schedule. I know when they fly over. But, we have been hearing, especially when there is extensive cloud cover, aircraft that do not sound like normal jets. They make a rumbling noise that can vibrate the house but it only lasts for a few seconds or so. Then, it's over. No average aircraft do that. One night, I could not sleep, and it went on for hours, only it would last for a few seconds and then maybe 15 or 20 minutes later it would happen again. The night sky was heavily overcast as the stars were not very visible. I have lived here over 25 years and this is a relatively new phenomenom.

Honestly I have no Idea as to what you are experiencing Question

I would think that if the Govt. was using any advanced aircraft, that they would not be using it over any populated areas.

you should take some video of it when it happens, so you can at least let people hear what you are hearing. Confused
PAK

PostTue Aug 12, 2008 2:15 pm  Reply with quote  

http://search.abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local&id=6319634

Local NewsScientists closer to invisibilityMonday, August 11, 2008 | 7:28 PM By Alan WangBERKELEY, CA (KGO) --

Scientists have been working on the concept of making things invisible since the 1950s, but Monday, University of California, Berkeley researchers announced they are one step closer.

It was the Romulans, in Star Trek, who had the advantage of cloaking, or making their space ship invisible. But today, earthlings announced the development of nano-scale material that can lead to invisibility. They used the concept of negative refraction.

"The negative refraction makes the light bend backwards, so this cannot be done in any natural material," Jie Yao, one of the researchers said.

The colors and shapes you see are created by light bouncing objects. The new metamaterials can reverse that natural direction of light and are the building blocks needed to achieve invisibility.

"It's a really new class of material," researcher Jason Valentine said. "Meta means beyond, so it's beyond normal materials."

Bending light backwards, however, has only been done under a scanning electron microscope. The nano-sized piece of metamaterial is 100 times smaller than the width of a hair, and researchers are still decades away from making a pliable invisible shield.

The metamaterial can absorb radar, which could have huge military implications, not to mention the social ones that invisibility offers. The research is partially funded by the U.S. military.

"We've thought about that," Valentine said. "I think cloaking is so far into the future and this is such a fundamental step, we don't really have to worry about that."
The research will appear in the latest issues of Science and Nature magazines.

(Copyright 2008 KGO-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.) abc7news.com home Site Map RSS Sales Media Kit Contact Us DTV Reports Technical Help Report a Bug ABC.com ABCNews.com
Privacy Policy Safety Information for this site Terms of Use Copyright 2008 ABC Inc., KGO-TV/DT San Francisco, CA. All Rights Reserved.
... we are in process of developing a whole series of techniques which will enable the controlling oligarchy who have always existed and presumably will always exist to get people to love their servitude. Aldous Huxley
WECWATURDOIN

PostSat Aug 23, 2008 7:58 pm  Reply with quote  

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/abstract/314/5801/977

Cloaking crafts have been possible for quite a while, it has been a black project.
I have a picture in my album that shows a cloaked craft that I did not see when the picture was taken. I was taking pictures of the chemtrail spray plane and when the pictures were developed the craft was visible in all of the frames that I had taken actually moving along with the chemtrial spray plane.
Free World Order

tagged & banned

PostThu Jan 29, 2009 1:01 pm  Reply with quote  

Cloak tech has been in the news again lately this year. Now some UK scientists are very close to developing....yes, but when we look at other countries such as Russia and Japan they had this technology over ten years ago. Why is it that our media like us to get used to things before they admit it already exists.
http://www.freedom-force.org