Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
heavy spraying in Austin, Tx 01-17-2003

Chemtrail Central > Chemtrails

Author Thread
sagiquarian

PostTue Jan 21, 2003 4:41 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by bigjoe:
Since the chemtrails came into my awareness one hot, extremely dry day last June, I have done a lot of research on them. Part of that research has involved looking at thousands and thousands of color photographs (ct's don't usually show up very well in b&w photos)from the present time all the way back to 1940. The farthest chemtrail photo that I could dig up was back in 1940. And the photographs seem to show a pattern. As the years progressed, so did the increasing of the chemtrails, until you have the incredible activity of today.

bigjoe, thanks for the information. Sure looks like you've done your homework on this issue!
sagiquarian

PostTue Jan 21, 2003 4:47 pm  Reply with quote  

Thanks everyone for your comments. It's interesting to see all the different points of view on this phenomenon. I suspect the full truth of the matter is probably to be found in some combination of elements from all of these apparently divergent viewpoints. Well, except for the point of view that says *nothing* is going on, because even the most benign explanation still indicates that there's yet another major foreign source of input into our delicate atmosphere that wasn't there 100 years ago.

With that in mind, and in the spirit of Occam's razor (the simplest explanation that fits the available facts is likely to be the right one), here are a couple of other possibilities that I've considered:

1) The atmosphere itself has changed / is changing as a result of human input from various sources, and the increase in the volume and pervasiveness of the trails is an unintended symptom or side effect of that. Perhaps there is junk hanging around in the sky that is influencing conditions or interacting with the contents of the jet exhaust to cause the trails to form more frequently and to linger, fan out, etc.

2) The composition of the jet fuel has changed and the trails are merely a symptom or an unintended side effect of that.

3) A combination of 1) and 2).

I'm certainly not discounting the possiblity of intentional government / military / corporate activity, but I'm also trying to keep my mind open to other possiblities as well. There is certainly plenty of history available to indicate the possibility of purposeful nefarious activity, but there are also plentiful examples in the last 50 years of humankind just screwing up the environment without trying to and the unanticipated side effects of that. So I think either of the scenarios I've suggested above is potentially just as dangerous, or indicative of something just as dangerous, as many of the other theories I've seen. The earth's atmosphere is a sensitive, subtle, and mysterious system and the increasing pervasiveness and volume of the trails may just be one more sign that we're screwing it up.

And as I said above, I think a combination of multiple scenarios going on at once is definitely a strong possibility.

Finally, I've seen some of the explanations posted in other threads as to the nature of the patterns (grids, wagon wheels, etc.), basically that these are just normal representations of standard flight patterns. That's occurred to me in the past, and I think it's plausible in at least some cases if not all. But I still don't remember ever *seeing* those patterns in the sky before. So as I've said previously, something must have changed.

And regardless of the explanation, on some visceral level, I still find man-made geometric patterns in the sky SPOOKY and unnatural! Not too mention ugly.

Thanks again to everyone for sharing your viewpoints and info. Good to know that other people are watching, paying attention, and thinking, even if there is not yet a consensus as to what's going on.
canex

PostWed Jan 22, 2003 4:11 am  Reply with quote  

The change from fat contrails on the 17th over Austin to clear skies on the 18th is very consistent with the soundings from Del Rio, TX, the nearest location that takes upper atmospheric measurements. The temperature was below -40C above 9000 m and the relative humidities were above 50%. Accounting for the dry bias in the atmospheric soundings means that the air was above ice saturation above 9000 m. Therefore, it is not surprising that you saw fat persistent contrails on the 17th. On the 18th, the relative humidities at those altitudes were below 25%. Too dry for persistent contrails.
canex

PostWed Jan 22, 2003 4:17 am  Reply with quote  

Soundings from Midland, TX to north of Austin show little support for contrails in the humidity data. The satellite images show that contrails were confined to the southern half of Texas on the 17th, but there were zillions west of the Rockies!
slippery00

PostWed Jan 22, 2003 7:25 pm  Reply with quote  

check this out. this could be the reason for chemtrails. the trails could be used just to see if chemicals can be detected thru these detectors.
http://www.tribnet.com/24hour/nation/story/729507p-5327168c.html
Jeanie

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 2:31 am  Reply with quote  

CANEX;;;For several years, I as well as others, have watched while many planes purposely mask over the sun and follow it in it's journey west. Would you be so good as to offer your theory on this anomaly? Thanks
canex

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 4:56 am  Reply with quote  

Jeanie,
You've read and dismissed my ideas on this before. So you should know them by now. But for the record,..., hang on, cause I will start from the beginning.

Persistent contrails form in cold (< -39C) air that has enough moisture to support the existence of a cirrus cloud. In other words, the ice crystals do not sublimate (evaporate) because the relative humidity with respect to ice (RHI) is greater than 100%. A cirrus cloud forms all by itself when RHI is greater than 150% or so because of the extra energy required for the water molecules to arrange in the familiar crystalline pattern of solid water. When more water vapor is available (i.e., RHI > 155%), little energy is needed because the molecules bump into each other more frequently and more of stick together than fly apart. So the crystal builds up.

The problem is getting the humidity high enough to get the process started. Nature does it through lifting of air (rising air cools; relative humidity increases when the temeprature drops). That is why you frequently see cirrus clouds ahead of warm fronts. That air is rising. But there are often patches of air with RHI > 100% that are not part of organized frontal systems. As I mentioned earlier, cirrus clouds form when RHI is around 150% or so (sometimes at lower values if the air has some aerosols that can nucleate ice). So that means there is a lot of clear air out there with RHI > 100% in which cirrus clouds can exist, but cannot form.

If you fly an airplane through that air, a contrail will form behind the plane if the temperature is low enough because the mixture of the exhaust (mostly CO2 and H20) produces RHI above 150%. The contrail consists of zillions (a scientific term) of tiny crystals that begin to grow immediately sucking up water molecules in the air around them. Some get more molecules than others and grow faster. The larger crystals will fall out and others will remain at the original altitude (actually the whole contrail rises some because of the release of latent heat when the vapor changes to ice, but that is another story). The falling crystals cool the air below causing it sink which pushes up the air near by. If the winds are not strong at flight altitude, these falling crystals will cause little convective cells by this process resulting in the sawtooth appearance that is so frequently observed. If the winds are strong and there is a lot of wind shear, the contrail will spread out and the little convective cells will be disrupted. So there are a lot of complex processes occurring simultaneously. If the contrail particles fall into dry air below, those crystals will sublimate (evaporate) and the contrail will eventually fade out. If there is enough moisture, the contrail will continue spreading. A few minutes later, another plane may fly through the same air mass but shifted from the position of the original trail because either the trail moved with the wind or the second plane flies along a slightly different path but parallel to the previous one (or crossing it at some angle).

Can you picture this yet? This provides the basis for the development of the cloud cover or "chem haze" as it is so endearingly called here.

For example:
The air between 30,000 and 35,000 ft has RHI between 110 and 135% and the temperature is -50C. The wind is blowing from the northwest at 120 mph. Plane 1 flies west at 35,000 ft along track A. It makes a contrail that begins to spread and moves with the wind. 2 minutes later, its contrail is 4 miles to the southwest and
Plane 2 flies through along track A at 35Kft,
and PLane 3 flies through at 33Kft at from north to south along track B. Both planes make contrails that spread and move with the wind. The contrail from plane 2 is parallel to the first one while that from plane 3 is perpendicular to the first two contrails.
What letter do the three contrails make?

Now imagine this sequence happening over and over again with the planes flying eastward, northward, and other directions at other altitudes like 31Kft. Each contrail spreads and the gaps between them start to fill in. As they spread they suck up more and more water vapor reducing the relative humidity and gradually stop growing but the planes keep coming along the same old paths making new contrails upstream. When the planes exit the patch of air with RHI > 100%, the contrail abruptly ends.

In essence, that is how the sky can fill up with a hazy cirrus cloud cover that would not have been there without the aid of the planes.

The air containg the contrails eventually begins to sink and the haze sublimates as the air warms (as it sinks).

Because the air traffic in the US is very light between midnight and 5 am, there is plenty of time for the contrails, that formed the previous day, to dissipate and leave clear sky again. The air traffic picks up rapidly from 6 - 9 AM and is pretty steady all day long before fading out at night. Therefore, if you are under one of the many heavy air traffic corridors and a patch (could be huge, could be small, could be wavy) of air with RHI > 100% passes through, you will see a clear sky become a hazy overcast over the course of the day. You will see well-developed contrails formed upwind move through as other planes fly through them making new contrails adding to the contrail-cirrus haze. The result is a cloudy mess that should have been beautiful blue.
That haze then fades as night proceeds and the sequence starts anew the next morning downwind somewhere.

Frightening, no?

Plane 1 flies

PHXPilot

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 5:42 am  Reply with quote  

Very, very, nice Canex. Im interested to see the responses your post will invoke.
the professor

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 5:53 am  Reply with quote  

Great you explained a contrail how about a chemtrail now?
PHXPilot

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 6:09 am  Reply with quote  

He did explain chemtrails. They are just contrails.

Your main reason to believe they are chemtrails is that if they were contrails they would disapper. Canex just told you why they dont disappear.

I have told you why commerical airliners cant spray, Canex has told you why you see contrails do the things they do, and many others here have given you explainations for most everything else about "chemtrails".

What else do you need.
the professor

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 8:08 am  Reply with quote  

I'm always a little weary of other people telling me what I'm seeing, sure there are
contrails just as there is a aerial spray
operation going on as well. Didn't hear from you in a while PHX hows the training
coming?
Jeanie

PostFri Jan 24, 2003 5:47 pm  Reply with quote  

Thanks Canex for your lengthly and technical reply. This still doesn't explain why planes very often when approaching the area of the sun turn on their switch for discharging their "payload". I've seen it too often to dismiss it as normal contrails. When these CHEMTRAIL planes are not in my area and there is normal air traffic (scanty as it is) the sky is a joy to look at. Otherwise, the direction coming and going and frequency of these planes argues on the side of purposeful deliberate atmospheric contamination to accomplish their clandestine agenda. I strongly suggest you CAREFULLY read HighTech's "Defenses Toxic Cocktails" and may all debunkers everywhere get their share.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Jeanie on 01-24-2003]
PHXPilot

PostSat Jan 25, 2003 12:19 am  Reply with quote  

Well Professor, Im doing fairly well with my training. Ive been spending the last week doing absolutely nothing but memorizing the fuel, electrical, etc... diagrams so I will be able to draw them and explain them at any FAA examiners wish. Loads of fun . In exactly a month I will have a big checkride coming up with my flight schools chief pilot, so I need to be prepared for that. But thanks for asking.

To Jeanie: How do you know that these aircraft are purposely trying to block out the sun? Anyway, even if it appears to be blocked out from your viewpoint, to someone else on the other side of the city, it is perfectly unobscured.

BigJoe

PostSat Jan 25, 2003 4:09 pm  Reply with quote  

canex. Your theory excludes nightime spraying. Last week, and on many other nights for that matter, there was extremely heavy spraying over Rochester and all of Western New York. Thanks to the "increasingly hazy" full moon, massive chemtrails and MANY jets were overhead doing their thing. The stars were almost invisible through a thick "chem haze". Perhaps business in the airline industry picked up greatly on that certain evening, with jets going every which way? Or maybe there was a lot of charter jets with winter weary vacationers deciding on that one night to go north, south, east and west? Perhaps the airline industry is making a dramatic comeback? The spraying started around 4 in the afternoon and ended shortly after dawn. My theory is that, if possible, they are trying to hide their activities from the public if at all possible. They had not counted on the full moon, or that a number of us might be up watching them.
BigJoe

PostSat Jan 25, 2003 4:17 pm  Reply with quote  

canex. How does this explain nightime spraying and the heavy spraying that took place over Rochester and all of Western New York earlier this week? This is becomming more and more common. Jets going every "which way" in the light of the full moon laying down massive "contrails". Perhaps the airline industry gets a big surge in business on certain evenings?