Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Distrails

Chemtrail Central > Debate and Debunking

Author Thread
LTC8K6

Distrails PostMon Jan 22, 2001 10:16 pm  Reply with quote  

Here we have a well known type of reverse contrail that has been discussed to death over the last few years being talked about as if it's a brand new thing that never happened before. Where have these folks been?

Posted at Carnicom's board 1/21/01:
garflorida

Re: Ghost of Chemtrails
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What makes it more disturbing is that the people STILL don't see it! I have seen something like the Ghost of Chemtrails, which I would call an anti trail. It is where a plane travels through a cirrus or chem cloud and leaves a void in the cloud, which takes on the same shape as a contrail. Oh, but I forgot, it's been this way all along and we just didn't notice, right?

LTC8K6

PostMon Jan 22, 2001 10:25 pm  Reply with quote  

How would you tell this person that these distrails are entirely normal and actually fairly common? He would most likely not believe anyone except a die-hard chemtrail believer. Is there any way to correct his misconception about reverse contrails that will not result in a barrage of negative remarks? Is his perception of distrails a result of only recently being fascinated with contrails? Would he have this perception without the chemtrail brouha?
What would happen if I told him that reverse contrails are nothing to get excited about?
Why don't they understand that I DO see what they are talking about and I don't agree with their opinion of it?
I'll probably never find out the answers to these questions, because I am very sure of the reaction my opinion and anecdotes would draw.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by LTC8K6 on 01-22-2001]
Thermit

PostMon Jan 22, 2001 11:07 pm  Reply with quote  

LTC, sure distrails are normal. The only reason they are of interest is because they have become more common with the avent of these huge clouds of thin cirrus aviaticus produced, most likely, by military jets.

LTC, by the way, since you feel that the highly-persistent trails that I've observed over Houston are "normal" military operations, and since these operations are obviously large-scale, as they continue for many hours at a time and create massive amounts of drifting cirrus aviaticus, I was wondering why you felt they needed to conduct these operations right over the city several times a week on a yearly basis, when the military already has many MOAs in Texas?
LTC8K6

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 1:26 pm  Reply with quote  

Wouldn't an MOA be used for military training exercises? Isn't that why they are so designated? The flights you see are probably normal military traffic back and forth between bases. There are hundreds of such flights daily. Don't tell me you think the military only flies in MOAs. They do a lot of their flying outside MOAs. Not to mention the hundreds of other flights that aren't military that still might not show up on FE. Besides, it's still not up to me to prove contrails are not chemtrails. The burden remains on you to show that they are.
nodebbunker

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 3:09 pm  Reply with quote  

>"The air traffic that i see makeing trails is within 20 miles of the pacific coast, to the east in the AM and to the west in the PM. Rarely are they close enough to make out the planes body with binoculars, but a few yesterday were. There were several hundred "flights" going north yesterday afternoon and we had a striped sunset, the sun was totally obsquered by jet trails by 2 PM."< quote from Mark Sky 12/29 on another channel.

I agree with LTC8k6 and Mark Sky should take a look at the area over the coast where he lives. There is a massive SUA (Special Use Airspace) and although there are only low altitude flight paths over his speck in the universe for commercial traffic, he has reported to me "hundreds of planes."

I was attempting to communicate with Mark on the other channel and asked him for specific details regarding his statements. Since it has been 3 weeks and he hasn't replied, I can assume he doesn't want to really know what I found when he asked me to watch his area on Flight Explorer. I was also fortunate to make contact with an ANG pilot in his area who was more than happy to answer questions.

One thing I did learn from this pilot that was remarkable and something I had never thought of - one of the many things they do to cloak themselves in the air is to attempt to hide their contrail and it takes alot of practice. Think about it.

------------------
just a housewife from Indiana
Sceptic

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 5:46 pm  Reply with quote  

I love that little kicker at the end of your posting: "one of the many things they do to cloak themselves in the air is to attempt to hide their contrail and it takes alot of practice. Think about it."

That's the sort of logic the chemmies hate!

I think its just so funny that they're convinced that there's something wrong when they see a trail, and that they also panic when there's no trail. Kinda pathetic.
Thermit

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 7:18 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:

The flights you see are probably normal military traffic back and forth between bases.

I guess they keep forgeting stuff, while they are on these "normal" flights between bases.

Lulu

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 7:45 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey maybe they forgot the Uban coffee?
nodebbunker

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 7:50 pm  Reply with quote  

I don't get it. If it's a training flight, why wouldn't they turn around and go back to base?

Also, I saw something new on FE this morning. A UAL flight from ORD to ORD; left Chicago, flew down to near Bloomington, IN and turned around and went back. The tag and properties showed it as ORD to ORD. Some kind of training flight, test run or whatever your imagination can produce.

------------------
just a housewife from Indiana
LTC8K6

PostTue Jan 23, 2001 8:19 pm  Reply with quote  

Why in the world does everything have to be such a big mystery? Perhaps that's just one end of a holding pattern. Maybe that approach is opposite of the runway landing direction, necessitating a u-turn to land. Typically runways are one-way only. There are lots of reasons to make a u-turn. Perhaps a warning light came on? Sheesh!
marcinko

PostWed Jan 24, 2001 6:01 am  Reply with quote  

thermit,

i have seen it mentioned many times about flights not showing up on flight explorer. i am not familiar with that particular flight tracking software. does F.E. keep track of all the business jet traffic?

d.m.
Thermit

PostWed Jan 24, 2001 6:19 am  Reply with quote  

Marcinko,

Yes, I see FDX, DHL and General Aviation a lot. Also some that seem like private jets.
I did see something like this making a 20 second contrail at 41,000 ft. It was a BE40 flight id N408PC. Private?

BEECHJET 400 A

Basically anything that is IFR. Military filtered, of course.

marcinko

PostWed Jan 24, 2001 6:29 am  Reply with quote  

thanks thermit,

i wasnt being cheeky. i wasnt sure

d.m.

p.s. did you see my question to you regarding "grids"?