Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Atlantis discovered ?

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
theseeker

Atlantis discovered ? PostMon Aug 13, 2001 7:46 am  Reply with quote  

This is one of my favorite sites mainly for the wide range of interests that reside there...and the topic of Atlantis is a personal favorite...

Atlantis Found

T/S
Thermit

PostMon Aug 13, 2001 3:38 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:

Edgar Cayce was born in 1877, but his greatest psychic premonition occured in the 1940's on the island of Bimini, where there are possible ruins of an Atlantean temple. He stated that Atlantis would reappear in the 1960's. In 1969, British divers thought they found a piece of Atlantis under the water. Also, it is proven that there are two parallel roads made of stone under the surface of the ocean off the coast of Bimini. Although Cayce died decades ago, there are still believers in his prophecies who wait for the return of Atlantis.

http://thor.prohosting.com/~starbuck/atlantis.htm

Duncan Kunz

PostThu Aug 16, 2001 5:00 am  Reply with quote  

From what I understand, the Atlantis thing got started with the explosion of Thera (in what is now the island of Santorini in the Aegean) This happened in the Mycaenean period (around the time of the Trojan War and the height of the Minoan culture). Based on the size of the crater, the Thera explosion made Mt. St. Helen's look like a 4th-of-July cherry bomb.

By the time Classical Greek historians wrote about it (~400 B.C.) it was already ancient history, and had 'moved' to the Pillars of Hercules and has been moving steadily west ever since.

What's neat about this is that my bride and I are going to the Aegean for our tenth anniversary cruise next month. I will bring back pictures, memories, and -- I am sure -- a maxed-out MasterCard.

Duncan
theseeker

PostThu Aug 16, 2001 6:00 am  Reply with quote  

I really enjoy old stuff...greek mythology, templars, egyptian stuff...even the mason / illuminatti thing is interesting...gets a little boring viewing sat. photos and reading atmospheric soundings all the time, sometimes old stories with new twists are fun and entertaining too...just recently the ruins of a "riverboat" from 1836 were found here in a Oklahoma river, said to be the oldest find of it's kind...

congrads on your new bride

T/S
penumbra

PostThu Aug 16, 2001 1:44 pm  Reply with quote  

Ya know, there have been sooo many amazing archeological finds during my lifetime. I love history too seeker. I recently saw a show where researchers were talking about Atlantis being in the Mediterranean Sea. I didn't buy their version. Seemed too small. It will be very interesting to see what comes of this. I also found it interesting that this encompasses the Bermuda Triangle. I had just been telling my kids that it was some kind of time warp, which they viewed with great scepticism!
theseeker

PostFri Aug 17, 2001 6:30 am  Reply with quote  

penumbra, I personally think human history goes futher back than recorded history indicates....the 'sphinx' and water marks on it in respect to the body and the re-carved head are a classic example...as the saying goes those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it...

T/S
penumbra

PostFri Aug 17, 2001 1:46 pm  Reply with quote  

While on vacation a couple of weeks ago, I saw a show on t.v. about the age of the Sphinx. Fascinating! I didn't even know there was a controversy. I believe that the researchers concluded that the Sphinx was about twice as old as we have been taught. 9000 years?
RidesTheWind

PostFri Aug 17, 2001 2:45 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey Pen/seeker....I think like everything else in our lives, we are being kept in the pitch dark on MANY discoveries that are made.
Go check out www.williamhenry.net/mtida1.htm That is a classic example of being kept from the truth.Too bad.His whole website is pretty interesting too. www.williamhenry.net

[Edited 2 times, lastly by RidesTheWind on 08-17-2001]
Duncan Kunz

PostFri Aug 17, 2001 6:12 pm  Reply with quote  

If you're interested in Egyptian correlations, a fascinating highlight is the way the three pyramids of Gizeh are aligned: they seem to mirror Al-nitak, Al-niram, and Mintaka, the three stars in the 'belt' of the constellation of Orion.

You can find a description of this in Robert Bauval's site at: http://ds.dial.pipex.com/ritson/quest/orion/orion.htm . A lot of Bauval's beliefs are rather far-reaching, and don't really have any evidence to back them up. However, there seems to be pretty good evidence that the correlation between the three pyramids and the three stars is a good one, with the nearby Nile representing the Milky Way. Whether this correlation has anything to do with aspects of Egyptian "star theology" (possible - even probable, but unproven) or "secret and mysterious visitations and unknown lost technologies" (highly unlikely, although entertaining) is for each of you to determine.

A more detailed look at the three stars can be found at: http://www.glyphweb.com/esky/constellations/orionsbelt.html

The trouble with the whole Egyptian thing is that there are a lot of unproven assumptions. Some of them, such as the purported older date of the Sphinx and the stellar correlation of the Pyramids, do have some sound data to give them credibility (although not "proof"). Others, such as Mysterious Lost Technologies or Strange Visitations, have no evidence whatsoever and are more at home in the supermarket checkout-counter papers than they are in serious discussions.

Regards,

------------------
Duncan Kunz / duncankunz@home.com
Mesa AZ / 480-891-2525
Lulu

PostFri Aug 17, 2001 7:22 pm  Reply with quote  

The alignments do look identical Duncan!

This is an aerial picture of the Memphite Necropolis Site at Giza, south-west of Cairo.

Belt Stars of Orion

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Lulu on 08-17-2001]