Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Vietnam; was it worth it?

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
RidesTheWind

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 1:07 am  Reply with quote  

Hey if these people can scream at suicide jumpers to jump,if we set fire to ourselves they'd come fan the flames and chant the oscar meyer weiner jingle...People have lost connection.
Delphi

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 1:20 am  Reply with quote  

Change of pace...if you all want a real chuckle to start off your Labor Day weekend right...go to the main chemtrail forum area and look for the thread..."Louisiana Debunker Hunter" and get it up and access the link I put there of me and my hunting skills...scroll all the way down pic so you don't miss any of it! Love, Joanne ^j^
theseeker

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 5:22 am  Reply with quote  

T/S ---
Ask the ones that were left to rot in that damn country how fricking great THIS country and it's government is. Send them to war and leave them there, how great is that?

I assume your speaking of POW's, truly sad but a demonstration of how far some have to go to protect us....Sen. John McCain of Arizona may be a good example...

Protesters extending the war, get real, try putting the blame where it belongs, LBJ, that war mongering ass of a president.

well can't disagree on the LBJ part...

T/S

Duncan Kunz

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 7:18 am  Reply with quote  

Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many people that regularly post here were/are in the service besides topgun and me?

And how many veterans here ( besides me) think that we were wrong in our Vietnam adventure? That'd be an interesting study. My guess is that more veterans would tend to defend the military per se than non-veterans, yet I'm sure many vets would say we had no business there in the first place.

Hindsight's 20/20; almost every American back in those days firmly believed in a monolithic communism that would inexorably bring every Asian country into the Moscow-Beijing orbit if we didn't stop them NOW!

We were wrong, of course; Vietnamese nationalism was a lot stronger than communism. But what did we know?
theseeker

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 8:04 am  Reply with quote  

But what did we know?

Duncan, maybe that china was a serious threat...as they are now...but alas we are being sold down the river...the war now is of dollars...and globalism....go to a toy store and pick up any toy...it's made in china now....

saying that we should not have been there...as I said, is irrelevant...you cannot argue history...whose to say china would not have expanded it's borders...without our show of influence...

imagine one big russia,china, vietnam....that would be one helluva super-power....history is correct...war is hell...it is necessary...and that's the name of that tune....

T/S
Chem11

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 8:58 am  Reply with quote  

Necessary? Last time I checked, your solution was to escalate the conflict into the nuclear theater.

Even Nixon wasn't that psychotic. It seems like all of our recent conflicts have been about restoring the prestige that the US military lost in Vietnam.

We've been playing this game of tri-lateral diplomacy for far too long. We're the ones that armed Saddam Hussein to the teeth because Iran was the enemy. Then Saddam is the enemy becuase we green-light his invasion of Kuwait. So we bomb Bagdhad back into the stone-age. But we conveniently leave Saddam in power, just to keep the game going. I remember people screaming about how Hussein was the Next Hitler and about how he HAD TO BE STOPPED. Uh...Okay.. we had him by the balls. Then we let him go. So much for that theory.

So. What is it really about? Money, of course. We are the worlds largest arms dealer. Without these orchestrated conflicts, nobody makes any money. Understand that I'm not placing blame exclusively on the US military machine. Saddam Hussein is a two-bit thug. Nothing more, nothing less. But he makes for a convenient enemy.

I think this is why have been so ineffective in the middle-east peace process. We've been playing war games for so long that our leaders can't understand the deeply rooted hatred that exists between the Israelis and the Palestinians.

Same old story. Arm Israel to the the teeth, then condemn them when they use those weapons against their enemies. The truly sad part is the leaders of both those peoples aren't the least bit concerned with religious ideology. If you take a look at a map of the region, it becomes obvious what the conflict is actually about: water.
theseeker

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 9:17 am  Reply with quote  

no power (unfulfilled prophecies)...not water...read some stuff about israel, will post it later..until then....

T/S

[Edited 1 times, lastly by theseeker on 09-03-2001]
Chem11

PostSun Sep 02, 2001 10:16 pm  Reply with quote  

I see you've decided to take my advice and download Norton IS, Lord Vader. Pretty nifty, eh?

For those of you who remain unaware, the hoaxers board has been password protected. No shoes, no shirt, no service.

It seems Chickie Deb had some problems with her email and decided to lock down her entire board. And Mav thinks I'm paranoid?

Tsk, tsk.
theseeker

PostMon Sep 03, 2001 12:23 am  Reply with quote  

It seems Chickie Deb had some problems with her email and decided to lock down her entire board. And Mav thinks I'm paranoid?

lol...you are a bit paranoid, and you should apologize to mav.....but atleast you have a sense of humor...

I figured she just banned me for picking on her boyfriend dan...I did not know it was shut down....

I'm going to post the stuff about Israel, after supper....I did not write it...so don't get pissed at me...but it is interesting when read in it's entirity...

btw, norton is awesome....

T/S
Chem11

PostMon Sep 03, 2001 1:02 am  Reply with quote  

Yeah, I know. We're all a bunch of paranoid psychotics getting our panties in a bunch over 'perfectly normal' condensation trails.

Sorry, that arrow isn't going to fly anymore T/S. And those that propigate this form of ridicule are in for a very, very big surprise. Because the door swings both ways.

I'm wondering what you could possibly post about Israel that would get me worked up... you're still on my list, BTW... if anyone owes anyone an apology... you won't see me whine about it, though.

Right now I'm waiting to see if Mr. Cruise accepts my 'proposal' and shows up in chat...
Swedishoo

PostMon Sep 03, 2001 1:43 am  Reply with quote  

This thread reminds me of the time the St. Petersburg Times plastered a huge color photo on the front page of a man who had a rifle rigged with rope, standing next to his old beat-up pick up truck. The cops were trying to talk him out of it as the distressed man sobbed. The man had just lost his business and had no money. He felt he was a failure.

I never bought a St Petersburg Times newspaper again. I let them know how disgusted I was and cancelled my subscription. Vietnam is no different. A group of people benefited by using others, and causing further harm.

Christy
theseeker

PostMon Sep 03, 2001 2:59 am  Reply with quote  

Like I said this is interesting to read, and I don't put any personal endorsement on this,so if your offended by any of it don't cry to me...

Peter Kawaja

T/S
Delphi

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 2:45 am  Reply with quote  

Duncan and everyone, There are so many facets to this kind of debate and we can all be "a little bit right"...I remember hubby was all "gung ho" about signing up for Viet Nam....now, years later, he is like another person, felt the so called "war" was wrong and though what T/S says may have some meirt, it is still debatable as to whether it was all done to stop the spread of the foriegn powers that be or about political/business ventures...and this entire Bosnia dealy...what's up with that? We give supplies to the Serbs, then to Moslums, then to all of their enemies...we supply all 3 of the main factions so they can destroy each other...where is the merit and justice in that? It confuses me. War is hell, right or wrong, for any reason...I wish we could all learn to love and tolerate each other....Maybe, by taking "baby steps" here on this board, (disgussing and disagreeing without hating and attacking), maybe that would spread to the many "lurkers" and visitors, and by word of mouth, beyond, until our "baby steps" would become the REAL "Giant Step" for mankind...not the moon-walk...but the strides here taken toward understanding, teaching, sharing, debating, disagreeing, all without cruelty and rankor! Wouldn't that be great?? Now, all put your faces to your monitors and give a big sloppy kiss to all.........heh,heh...I hope someone walked by and saw ya'll do that!! And no, I havn't been "nibbling" my mutant mushrooms in the backyard, no drugs, drink, or any o that...well, maybe herbal therapies...anyway...Blessings to you all! T he military has been through a lot, (as I know from experience), and may have done a lot of harsh things too, but when ya come down to it, it is always TPTB that are the puppet-masters...the politicians, the "Fat Cats", that run it all. They are the ones we all should dispise!! I remember the "Alert" lock-downs on base...never knowing if it was an exercise or the real thing..the worry about loved ones and self, the sacrifice when BOTH parents are in the military and the kids have to get shipped off to grannies when the crap hits the fan...it's not easy for military, yet just as bad for civilians who have no control or say over what transpires, be it rightful or wrongful...any war action has to be dabated and questioned, it just has too!!! We can hope and pray for the day War will be obsolete...but...I wonder....we are a unique and agressive species and there is much evil that will prey on us all...military as well as civilian victims in the scheme of evil powers that be. Joanne ^J^
Swedishoo

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 3:25 am  Reply with quote  

And it's one, two, three,

What are we fighting for?

Don't ask me, I don't give a damn,

Next stop is Vietnam;

And it's five, six, seven,

Open up the pearly gates,

Well there ain't no time to wonder why,

Whoopee! we're all gonna die.
3T3L1

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 4:08 am  Reply with quote  

Back then, Christy, we thought the President always told the truth. We thought the U.S. was in Vietnam to stop the spread of Communism. And maybe it did slow down the spread of Communism long enough for the Philippines to resist the onslaught, and for Afghanistan to take its toll on Communist expansionism.

Back then, middle America didn't know that the protesters were the sons and daughters of the military weapons industry, and that they understood what their parents were up to. Initially it was acceptable to grind up the poor and the racial minorities for the sake of profit, but when their college deferments went away, the self-styled "best and brightest" had to figure out a way to stop the war. It wasn't pretty, and it hurt a lot of good soldiers, but for a little while anyway, the killing and the lying and the obscene profits stopped. And that's all I have to say about that.

[Edited 2 times, lastly by 3T3L1 on 09-03-2001]