Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Terraforming Mars

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
theseeker

Terraforming Mars PostMon Sep 03, 2001 9:41 pm  Reply with quote  

lots of charts and graphs...

Super-greenhouse gases are useful for a number of reasons: they are very efficient and even at a concentration of only a few parts per million will warm up the planet significantly, they are non-toxic, have long lifetimes, they can be easily made on the Martian surface, and can keep Mars warm even with a nitrogen-oxygen atmosphere.

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mfogg/marsfront.html

T/S

[Edited 1 times, lastly by theseeker on 09-03-2001]
Duncan Kunz

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 4:24 pm  Reply with quote  

I don't know about the background of those two women, but they sound like EXACTLY the people Boeing needs in its long-term R&D efforts. And they're just "students" -- imagine what they'll be doing in ten years or so!

Actually, though, if super greenhouse gases will aid in terraforming Mars, getting rid of super greenhouse gases would help to terraform a better candidate in our Solar System -- Venus.

I'm not all that familiar with designer critters (GM bacteria, in this case), but I'd bet we could build a bug that would convert CO2 to O2 within a decade. Seed the upper atmosphere of Venus with a couple billion of those boogers (say, about a tablespoon-full), let them use all that lovely UV for energy, and eat up the carbon.

Given the rate that they grow, within a couple of years Venus could lose 99 percent of its CO2, add beaucoup oxygen to the atmosphere, allow the heat to escape (CO2's almost opaque to IR) and within a century or two, the ground would be cool enough to walk on.

Of course, after they ate up most of the CO2 in the upper atmosphere, the bacteria would all die, but we could put up a plaque to them somewhere -- like the town square in South Venusburg.

------------------
Duncan Kunz / duncankunz@home.com
Mesa AZ / 480-891-2525

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Duncan Kunz on 09-04-2001]
3T3L1

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 4:39 pm  Reply with quote  

There is a tiny problem with sulfuric acid rain on Venus. Thought I'd mention it.
3T3L1

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 4:49 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey, Dunk! Didja notice they used FTIR to figure out the composition of the Martian atmosphere? It looks like toxdoc is right.
http://www.chemtrailcentral.com/ubb/Forum14/HTML/000014.html
Duncan Kunz

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 10:25 pm  Reply with quote  

OP-FTIR

If there's a one-km range, I guess the FTIR had to be transported to Mars. But obviously it wasn't done from orbit, because a 1-km orbit has a habit of decaying with annoying rapidity!

But OP-FTIR, despite its limited range, sems like a good candidate for determinimg cloud composition. Now all we need to do is wait for a longer range model available for lease somewhere.

Dunk

------------------
Duncan Kunz / duncankunz@home.com
Mesa AZ / 480-891-2525
Duncan Kunz

PostTue Sep 04, 2001 10:52 pm  Reply with quote  

I know you're Tricks 3T3LI you think that just becaus you're a Doctor and Scienceist you can make a fool of Me because I dint get my GED until after the Kids were grown except for Suzie but since she had her own kid when she was 13 shes Still out of the house and i GOT my ged so THERE you stuck up person!

But you cant make a Fool of me because I know about sulfurick acid because oncet suzie got into the batery in the pickup and nocked it over and she got her hand burnd and her butt burnd too when her Daddy came home you can Bet on it.

And you dont have to be some profeser to knoe that H2SO3(aq) -----> H2O(l) + SO2(g). Where (aq) is an aqueous solution (l) is liquid and (g) is gas, so You could take that sulfurik Acid and turn it into yelloe mud or Something and if suzie had knowed that she would not have got her hand burnd but she still would hav got her Butt burnd because Bubba was drunk when he came home that evning and was being Mean anyway.

So there.
3T3L1

PostWed Sep 05, 2001 12:43 am  Reply with quote  

Ummmm, Duncan? Have you been orbiting at 1 km again? If I did FTIR, would I notice outgassing of EtOH?
theseeker

PostWed Sep 05, 2001 12:43 am  Reply with quote  

well put duncan, and oddly enough I understood everything you said...damn'dest thang I've been accused of unusually funny spelling mistakes and sentences that have to be read twice to understand....I guess since I can read and spell "hick" fluently, it is an advantage to me and a disadvantage to the *educated* elite....

have a wonderful evening...

T/S
3T3L1

PostWed Sep 05, 2001 1:02 am  Reply with quote  

Oh, Seeker, you are not a "hick," and I'm sorry. Obviously I didn't express myself very well, and I tried to fix it. But I made it worse.

Elite. DJ used that, too. The dairy farmer's daughter from Wisconsin takes it as a compliment. Thank you.