Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
More on boards and donations.

Chemtrail Central > The Neutral Zone

Author Thread
3T3L1

PostFri Nov 02, 2001 2:40 pm  Reply with quote  

Carnicom put out his hand to collect a measley $44 to keep pop-up ads off his board.

Did he get it, Deb? After being reamed for suggesting that moondog's antichemplane antics might cause someone to crash into downtown Philadelphia, I decided to stop reading Carnicom's board.
Deb

PostFri Nov 02, 2001 4:09 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey, 3. Yes, it seems he has. If we're all here 6 months from now, it will be interesting to see where this goes.

cecarnicom
ezOP
(10/30/01 6:30:46 pm)

Community Supporter
Re: Appearance of Advertisements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sufficient pledges have now been received to cover the expenses for the next 6 month period. Any funds received above that amount are to be applied to the next 6 month period, with the donor's permission. Please note within the opening statement the conditions of any donation made; the board will continue to be maintained according to the historical standards that are evident. My appreciation is extended to all board members that have contributed to this cause. It is anticipated that the ad presence will again decrease within the next three days. My thanks for the support that will benefit the message forum.

Sincerely,
Clifford E Carnicom

Thermit

PostFri Nov 02, 2001 5:02 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:

Although I didn't intentionally use a multiple, I see that I am in violation of the "rules." However, attempting to use the registration of Chickiedeb doesn't work.

Deb, don't worry about it, but your old ID was "nodebunker". And yes, you weren't involved with any fund raising, but did incorrectly get castigated for it.
Deb

PostSat Nov 03, 2001 2:35 pm  Reply with quote  

Geez, that's how long it's been - forgot all about Nodebunker. I wasn't a debunker then, but I sure am now! So you can delete Nodebunker if you wish. But I'm still just a housewife from Indiana!

Deb
Lulu

PostSun Nov 04, 2001 5:04 pm  Reply with quote  

I was surprised myself when Cliff mentioned he couldn't come up with the $44 to keep the sight running without those annoying pop-ups. I rarely read anything there anymore. Not worth my time...
mark sky

PostMon Nov 05, 2001 9:19 am  Reply with quote  

same old s!@#
boing never filched a monitor off "uncle sam"
just a billion here or there
between cohorts
in cost overunnnnnnes
but no monitor theft could be found
by the enternal GEO
because the budget
was black opps underground SS

no deb bunker does naught remember her
prevoise alter incantation name
tho the stink was all over the web at the time

"i did not have sex with that woman" (prez)
and "i am naught a crooooook"(prez)
come to mind

we are the worlds sainted police
with the hands in the contra cookie jar
heroines and coke and arms and gold and control and power
must have been those terrorist peasants over there?
those without two pennies to rub together
to keep[ warm at night
YOU THINK?
what a joke we have for air these daze
go duNken dude

[Edited 2 times, lastly by mark sky on 11-05-2001]
Swedishoo

PostTue Nov 06, 2001 3:10 am  Reply with quote  

Deb, I don't know if you realize this, but over at Maverick's board which is also an EZ board like Cliffs, it's hit with massive ads. Everytime you open one post, you get 2 or 3 hits of ads. It's a major pain.

I have no problem with Cliff asking for donations and I'll tell ya why....

Cause he was totally upfront and specific. He told the exact dollar amount, $44, and that's every six months which adds up. If I was a regular board member over there, it would be nothing for 11 people to give 4 dollars

...something you should do over at Mavericks.

I certainly would not compare grouping together funds to make a board that one participates at to making it better, with donations given for a research cause. Not the same.

Christy
Deb

PostTue Nov 06, 2001 2:58 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey, Christy. I've gotten used to the pop-ups at MAV's. I keep getting the one about Jobs on line - I think they're trying to tell me something. If Mav wants the pop-ups removed, it's his board and his call. I wouldn't hesitate to send $ to Mav but I doubt he would ask. I am secondary moderator in the event of Mav's absence.

My point about Clifford's request for money is I was falsely accused of asking for donations to keep Earthboundmisfit free of ads. Yes, Clifford was specific, but it's the same old double standard.

Personally, if and when the day comes that I can't come up with $44 for my internet hobby, that's when I give it up.

------------------
Contrails - the signature of freedom and commerce
3T3L1

PostTue Nov 06, 2001 3:15 pm  Reply with quote  

Hey, Deb, have you heard anything from Maverick since the war started? Or are they keeping him under wraps? I noticed that Dirk Digler hasn't lurked here since the action in Afghanistan started--I wonder if he's in the reserves and is over there, too.

God bless every one of our brave troops.
Deb

PostWed Nov 07, 2001 4:29 am  Reply with quote  

Hey 3. MAV is still around but busy with work as you can imagine. So if you see an F-16 on patrol, be sure and wave and wish him a God Bless because it may be MAV and even if it's not, they deserve all the God Blesses we can give them.

------------------
Chem11

PostSat Nov 10, 2001 6:49 pm  Reply with quote  

I'm afraid that I'm going to have to take issue with the assertion that Chickie Deb was 'not involved' in the solicitation of funds. The request for donations appeared on HER board, regardless of where the money was allegedly going. One can only imagine the response the debunkers would have if Thermit suddenly started posting banners requesting donations to keep this site 'ad-free'...

I'm sorry Deb, but you have relentlessly criticized Clifford Carnicom, William Thomas and others for their completely legitimate fund-raising efforts. You talk the talk, but you don't seem to be interested in walking the walk.

Something that I learned long ago is that avoiding the appearance of impropriety is at least as important as avoiding impropriety itself.

Welcome to the board.
Deb

PostSun Nov 11, 2001 3:30 am  Reply with quote  

Chem, but you do understand that I had no control whatsoever or had anything to do with that donation button that appeared on Earthboundmisfit, don't you?

See, the difference between Carnicom, Thomas, Lo or any chemtrailers that have asked for funds for their "worthwhile" causes and myself is that I have never asked for anything except information from anybody . I have more invested in my "hobby" than Lo collected from the chemtrailers in her research fund. Why? Because I believe in my cause and I don't need anyone else's money to get the things I feel necessary to present my case. I don't have to have print-outs, hand-outs or bumper stickers, protest travel expenses, tapes, books, vitamins, health products, etc. for my cause. Just the Internet, Flight Explorer, Paint Shop Pro and a scanner.

If my equipment goes down, then I buy a replacment, if and when I can afford it. You might say that it's fortunate that I'm not a single mother or struggling; and not only is it fortunate, it's a blessing. But I was a single, struggling mother for 11 years, and my child's needs were met before my wants or needs. And I had no financial help from anybody and never would have asked. And I do know that if you are giving person, you get back at the most neediest of times. Lo and Harvey share a commonality, but that doesn't explain Lo's subsequent behavior about the fund.

However, in the case of Lo's fund, it was stated that an accounting of the funds would be made, and if enough wasn't collected for the specific reason, the donations would be returned. Lo did not fulfill the intention publicly and quit CTTUSA and pulled the research fund webpage before publicizng anything other than the purchase of a monitor via Diane Harvey's personal donation. Thomas just asked for money and graduatd to selling products. Carnicom and Dave Peterson from CO collected research money but no one knows whatever became of that either. I doubt that Thermit is making any profit from his bumper stickers, for the same reason as me - he believes in his cause.

I put my money where my keyboard is, in good faith and earnest. And, none of it came from my husband or our household account. The only investment my husband has made was installing software or adding hardware or replacing hard-drives. I use free websites and the only thing that this discussion is remotely about is the fact that the owner of one of those free websites, not me, asked for donations. You made an assumption before examining the facts, that's all. I've been known to do it myself. But you are mistaken if you think I am not going to defend my integrity when it is falsely attacked, especially about something I judge so harshly myself. We debunker types call it "Putting your money hwere your mouth is."

------------------
Chem11

PostWed Nov 14, 2001 5:37 pm  Reply with quote  

"You made an assumption before examining the facts, that's all."

Please direct me to this alledged false assumption, Deb. A specific quote would be appropriate in this instance.

TIA,

Chem11