Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Science Forum Rules

Chemtrail Central > CT Science

Author Thread
3T3L1

Science Forum Rules PostMon Jul 09, 2001 10:04 pm  Reply with quote  

Welcome, Truth-Seekers! Before we get started, here are the ground rules:

1. This little section of Chemtrail Central is devoted to science. Pseudoscience does not qualify. I've placed a URL at the end of this list, in case you're not sure what the differences are.

2. Chemtrails and contrails are the main subjects of discussion, but other areas of interest are permitted, as long as there is some scientific aspect to the topic.
Personal issues are not a legitimate topic of discussion here. If you are in anguish about the effects of chemtrails on your quality of life, or if you are frustrated with the stupid behavior of a particular person, please discuss that in the main forums. This forum is meant to be an archive for newbies and for those who want a convenient means to review the scientific evidence for and against chemtrails.

3. [Almost] everybody is allowed to post in this forum. That way, as in real science, all sides can bring their observations to the discussion. [Please note: Thermit has decided that about eight egregious offenders, including those who have threatened lawsuits or who have revealed personal information about others, are still banned from this forum.]

4. I, your humble moderator, will have ABSOLUTE POWER in this forum.

a. I will ruthlessly delete any flaming of people or ideas. This includes name-calling.
b. I will delete or move posts which take a thread off-topic.
c. I will delete material which openly proselytizes or advertises for religions, products or particular points of view. This includes proselytizing for the pro-chemtrail or the anti-chemtrail side. This forum will look at hard data, not personal opinions.
d. I will delete anything else that seems inappropriate. If you object, put a message in my message box and I will consider it.

Unfortunately I do not have sufficient computer resources to copy the material that I have deleted. If you want to be sure that what you have written will be preserved, please keep a copy of it.

5. Professionalism, maturity and respect are the bywords here.

a. Honest questions are welcome. You don't have to have a Ph.D. to participate, but you do have to be searching for the truth.
b. Hypotheses are welcome, but participants are expected to provide hard data and references to back them up. HTML works here, and participants will find it easy to include pictures and URLs in their posts. If you get something wrong, just edit your post. I believe I hold the current record of 27 edits of a single post.
c. Raising objections to other people's hypotheses is also welcome. In real science, specific, documented criticism of an hypothesis is not considered a personal attack. It is how science works. If a legitimate objection is raised to an hypothesis, that hypothesis must be held in question until the objection is addressed. Even the best hypotheses turn out to be wrong in certain aspects, so a scientist learns to hold the hypothesis loosely as merely his/her best current approximation of the truth. The beauty of the system is that, with so many heads working together, the scientific method inevitably moves us closer and closer to the truth in the physical realm. Science is not particularly helpful in the metaphysical realm, but those types of issues will not be addressed here.

6. The science forum is an experiment, not an attempt to replace someone else's board. If there is no useful niche for this forum, it will be allowed to expire. In any case, because it takes place on Thermit's territory, the material which passes my censorship will be archived for lurkers and investigators to refer to as they decide for themselves whether or not chemtrails exist, and if they do, what they might be made of.

Remember, professionalism, maturity and respect are the key concepts for posting here.

And now, here's that URL I promised you.
Science vs. Pseudoscience

[Edited 3 times, lastly by 3T3L1 on 01-07-2002]
3T3L1

PostMon Jan 07, 2002 4:28 pm  Reply with quote  

Last night I violated one of my own rules in a post here at the Science Forum. Unfortunately, while I was correcting my error, a large misunderstanding arose. I regret that, and am modifying some of the rules of the Science Forum as a result. I regret the confusion this will cause. If you decide to flame me, please do it in the main forums. Any flaming done here will be deleted.
Thermit

PostMon Jan 07, 2002 5:01 pm  Reply with quote  

3T3L1, can you summarize the changes?
3T3L1

PostMon Jan 07, 2002 6:54 pm  Reply with quote  

Yes, Thermit. Thanks for asking.

1. I inserted several comments about the Science Forum being for the discussion of science, not for the discussion of personal issues. I really do want the Science Forum to be a place where people can discuss the evidence for or against chemtrails without any type of flaming or personal comments entering the picture.

2. It used to be my policy to use "xxx" in place of the deleted portions of posts. However, because the Science Forum acts as an archive for people who want to read about the scientific aspects of chemtrails, I have decided not to use "xxx" anymore. (Otherwise we could end up with entire pages of posts reading "xxx" and people being distracted by wondering what all the x's were about.) Consequently, my new policy is simply to remove posts or parts of posts which do not conform to the Science Forum rules. If people object to this, or have other suggestions, please let me know via the Message feature. Thank you.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by 3T3L1 on 01-07-2002]
Thermit

PostFri Aug 09, 2002 7:10 am  Reply with quote  

Thanks to 3T3L1 for the idea for this forum and moderating.

This forum is for posting research results and resouces for investigation of any aspects of contrails or Chemtrails. Misplaced or pseudo-science posts will be moved to the appropriate forum. Basically, cut-and-paste articles aren't appropriate in this forum, new topics should represent some effort in research, documentation, and presentation.

[Edited 1 times, lastly by Thermit on 08-10-2002]
Mech

PostMon Oct 28, 2002 1:54 am  Reply with quote  

Bumped for interest purposes.
Tournesol

dark lines PostWed Jun 28, 2006 12:03 am  Reply with quote  

I would like to address a phenomenon that many sky watchers including myself have seen: the black lines that occasionally appear to lead a plane laying a heavy trail. I think this is explainable with ordinary science. The appearance of these lines is connected with chemtrail spraying because of the tremendous increase in atmospheric particles since a few years ago. I have been watching the sky for more than four decades, and only saw darklines for the first time a couple of years ago. Another thing I have noticed is shadows under clouds, much more pronounced than they used to be. There have always been "sun glory" effects, especially in late afternoon, where the sun is behind a cloud and beams of light and shadow shine out around the cloud. This is a show of the particulates in the air, illuminated by the sun. The beams of sunlight are scattered in all directions, otherwise they would be invisible. Nowadays, though, this effect is enhanced by additional dust from deliberate spraying. So here's how I think the black lines work: a plane lays a long straight trail, and the sun is somewhat behind it. The observer is located in the shadow of the trail. Looking ahead of the plane the observer sees a dark line. The dark line appears because when the observer looks ahead of the plane he is looking through a slice of dusty air which is not being directly illuminated by the sun. Part way towards the plane's altitude the shadow ends, but the observer is looking through this slice of dusty air, through which some of the light from above and beside it is scattered, so the line is not black, just much darker than the rest of the sky appears. The important thing to understand is that the appearance of the blue sky as a shell a fixed distance above us is an illusion. Light is scattered in all directions in the atmosphere by what is known as Rayleigh scattering, and the various light wavelengths average out as blue. This scattering occurs throughout the atmosphere, all the way from the sky to the ground. Every particle reflecting light acts as a light source, that's why the sky is not black. Looking up, and more so with tons of dust, you are looking through a volume of light emitters, the sum of their emissions reaching the eye being proportional to the brightness. Looking through a volume of illuminated particles, but with a chunk of them not illuminated, makes for the appearance of shadows in the air, like the ones seen so commonly now. I hope this makes sense, because I'm pretty sure it's correct.

Chemtrails PostSun Jun 03, 2007 3:39 am  Reply with quote  

I was in Maine last week photographing a sunset, I noticed a plane flying at high altitude and leaving a trail behind it. I quickly set up my telephoto lens and began attempting to take pictures of the plane. As it traveled in a roughly SE to NW direction, I found it difficult to keep up with. I have considerable practice at this type of attempt and was impressed with the planes apparent velocity. Soon another plane approached from the opposite direction on a very close parallel course. As the two planes converged I caught both planes in one picture. Without bringing up the subject of Chemtrails, I would ask this: Why would two planes traveling at a very high rate of speed approach each other on such a close parallel course? It would seemingly be a violation of some form of safety rule. If it was intentional to do so, would one expect it to be commercial or military flight operations? If we eliminate a commercial flight operation we are left with military (may be private operation, but I see that as a very unlikely possibility). Should it be a military flight operation, what purpose would be served by what could be an extremely dangerous operation? Now here is part two, after these two continued on their course, two more planes came into my view and did exactly the same thing within close proximity to the previous two planes. The justification of these four planes performing this operation certainly justifies a much closer inspection of the intended operation which took place. One last comment, in my attempts to record photos of the planes and hold focus, i was off target in many pictures, a few photos caught just the trails in relatively good focus with obvious colors represented. With the sun nearly set on the horizon, I suspect the angle of the sunlight striking the planes trails may be significant if compared to other trails considered as not being of a Chemtrail nature. With the amount of particles present in certain areas and not in other areas, there would have to be considerable attention given to such a comparison. Finally, very bright highly defined points of light can be seen on two locations on the earth facing side of the planes fuselage, I do not believe I captured navigation lights.

Father's Day 2007 PostMon Jun 18, 2007 3:35 am  Reply with quote  

I had some time today to perform an experiment. Chemtrail type formations were lined across the sky. As they began to disperse into ordinary looking clouds, I began. The clouds dissipated, shortly a chemtrail was put down again which I assume was to recover lost ground. I continued and appeared to be successful at localized disruption. The stars are visible which is very nice. I checked the weather satellite and saw obvious holes in the cloud layer. I think another go is in order.