Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Failing the "global test"

Chemtrail Central > Conspiracy

Author Thread
KNOW-THIS

Failing the "global test" PostThu Aug 04, 2005 6:57 pm  Reply with quote  

Americans "worried" about role in world: poll

quote:
Americans are worried about their role in the world, the US reputation in Muslim nations and rising deaths in Iraq, but have no idea how their fears could be remedied, according to a poll published yesterday.

Three out of four Americans polled by Foreign Affairs journal and Public Agenda were worried both about losing trust abroad and concerned about hatred of the United States in Muslim nations.

Two-thirds of those polled believed that the world had a negative view of the United States and one in 10 actually used the word "bully" to describe foreign perceptions of their country.

Eighty-two per cent of those surveyed worried a lot, or somewhat, that the Iraq War was leading to too many casualties.

"Americans are broadly uneasy about the quality of our relations with the rest of the world, especially Muslim nations," said Public Agenda Chairman Daniel Yankelovich.

"The questions reveal widespread doubts about the country's current course. But there is no consensus on which direction to take."

As to how the United States should wield power in the world, those surveyed were undecided.