Media
Vote

Chemtrail Central
Search   FAQs   Messages   Members   Profile
Church of Satan supports Bush and War

Chemtrail Central > Conspiracy

Author Thread
Swamp Gas

Church of Satan supports Bush and War PostWed Aug 17, 2005 4:46 pm  Reply with quote  

http://www.blacktable.com/gillin030218.htm

PostWed Aug 17, 2005 5:12 pm  Reply with quote  

Very interesting post.

quote:
This secularism is seen as "Satanic" by fanatical Muslims and rightly so -- from their perspective.

I don't get it though? I'm not sure whether or not secularism is considered Satanic or not by the general Muslim population. What I do know is that the Christian right certainly does believe that and they're doing everything within their power to undermine any aspect of our society that's perceived as being secular or as they would put it, "Godless". Being "Religion-less" is not the same as being "Godless". You can be just as spiritual if not more so without the hindrance and restraint of organized religion but that's another topic altogether. I would say if anything it's more of a lose/lose situation for the Satanists here. What makes them think that this theocracy we're creating in this country is going to be tolerant of Satanism or anything non-Christian for that matter? After all, the Christians are every bit if not more opposed to their pagan beliefs as the Muslims are. The only thing I can figure is the, "better them than us" mentality?

quote:
Should a fundamentalist Islamic regime come to power, they would obviously treat Satanists as enemies of the state. To support that outcome would not be a wise choice for Satanists

Is fundamentalist Christianity any more tolerant of their beliefs? I don't think so. And I'm not speaking on their behalf either. I'm just trying to understand their train of thought on this.

quote:
The terrorists -- and the governments that support them -- are apparently not rational, basing their decisions on idealistic spiritual principles. They are fanatics who cannot come to terms with practical solutions that allow for a diverse global society. To them, life is cheap. They believe in afterlife rewards

OK, but so is Christianity.

***I just wanted to add a disclaimer here to diffuse any potential attacks directed at me for being anti-Christian. When I say Christian I'm talking specifically about the far right radicals, not every single one out there. I realize there are plenty that are opposed to the NWO agenda and everything else***

PostWed Aug 17, 2005 6:27 pm  Reply with quote  

Of course the Church Of Satan would support one of their fellow members, Lord Dumbya Mestema of Beezaboob.

IMO, dogmatic religion breeds concepts like the "Eternal Battle Between Good and Evil"

They are on the same side. One doesn't exist without the other.

Real Christians are not Fanatical thumpers. They follow the Prince of Peace.

Real Pagans are not Satanists. They Love Nature in all of it's manifestations.

PostWed Aug 17, 2005 6:36 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by KNOW-THIS
Very interesting post.

quote:
This secularism is seen as "Satanic" by fanatical Muslims and rightly so -- from their perspective.

I don't get it though? I'm not sure whether or not secularism is considered Satanic or not by the general Muslim population.

The 'Satanism' accusation employed for cultural vileification has nothing to do with a belief in the 'Devil'; it's a shed-tool used to enforce the differences between you and a social group you desire to see destroyed. In this context, anyone who does not follow what you follow is a 'Satanaist'.

It's a massively ignorant, but highly effective technique of galvanizing people against people.

PostWed Aug 17, 2005 6:44 pm  Reply with quote  

quote:
Originally posted by Et in Arcadia ego
It's a massively ignorant, but highly effective technique of galvanizing people against people.

It sure is!

PostWed Aug 17, 2005 8:17 pm  Reply with quote  

Here's some passages form a book I'm reading now. I believe that it strikes the nail right on the head as far as the church goes and how it all started using fear for control. It's all so convoluted and downright ridiculous when you read it put so honest like this. To me it sounds very similar to the way terrorism is being used today, Bin Laden could just as easily be swapped for Satan. I feel that people still being tugged along by this kind of dogma are being taken for a big ride. The Devil and hell are the churches greatest asset. Where would it be without these evil villains?

quote:
People have many fear based religions whose teachings surround a doctrine of a God who is to be worshipped and feared. It was through fear that the entire society reformed itself from the matriarchy into the patriarchy. It was through fear that the early priests got people to "mend their wicked ways" and "heed the word of the lord." It was through fear that the churches gained, and controlled their membership.

Once the church even insisted that God would punish you if you did not go to church every Sunday. Not going to church was declared a sin. And not just any church. One had to attend one particular church. If you went to a church of a different denomination, that, too, was a sin. This was an attempt at control, pure and simple, using fear. The amazing thing is, it worked. "Hell", it works.

People will always believe in hell, and in a God who would send them there, as long as they believe that God is like man, ruthless, self-serving, unforgiving, and vengeful. In days past, most people could not imagine a God who might rise above all of that. So they accepted the teaching of many churches to "fear the terrible vengeance of the Lord."

It was as if people couldn't trust themselves to be good, to act appropriately, on their own, for their own built-in reasons. So they had to create a religion that taught the doctrine of an angry, retributive God in order to keep them in line. Now the idea of reincarnation threw a monkey wrench into all of that.

The church was proclaiming that you'd better be nice, or else, and along came the reincarnationists, saying: "You'll have another chance after this, and another chance after that. And still more chances. So don't worry. Do the best you can. Don't become so paralyzed with fear that you can't budge. Promise yourself to do better, and get on with it."

Naturally, the early church couldn't hear of such a thing. So it did two things. First, it denounced the doctrine of reincarnation as heretical. Then it created the sacrament of confession. Confession could do for the churchgoer what reincarnation promised. That is, give you another chance.

So then we had a setup where God would punish you for your sins, unless you confessed them. In that case you could feel safe, knowing that god had heard your confession and forgiven you.

But there was a catch. This absolution could not come directly from God. It had to flow through the church, whose priests pronounced "penances" which had to be performed. These were usually prayers which were required of the sinner. So now you have two reasons to keep up your membership.

The church found confession to be such a good drawing card that soon it declared it to be a sin not to go to confession. Everybody had to do it at least once a year. If they didn't, God would have another reason to be angry.

More and more rules, many of them arbitrary and capricious, began to promulgated by the church, each rule having the power of God's eternal condemnation behind it, unless, of course, failure was confessed. Then the person was forgiven by God, and condemnation was avoided.

But now there was another problem. People figured out that this must mean they could do anything, as long as they confessed it. The church was in a quandary. Fear had left the hearts of the people. Church attendance and membership dropped. People came to "confess" once a year, said their penances, were absolved of their sins, and went on with their lives.

There was no question about it. A way had to be found to strike fear into the heart again. So...purgatory was invented.

Purgatory. This was described as a place something like hell, but not eternal. This new doctrine declared that God would make you suffer for your sins even if you confessed them.

Under the doctrine, a certain amount of suffering was decreed by God for each non-perfect soul, based on the number and type of sins committed. There were "mortal" sins and "venial" sins. Mortal sins would send you right to hell if not confessed before death. Once more, church attendance shot up. Collections were were up too, and especially contributions, for the doctrine of purgatory also included a way one could buy one's way out of the suffering.

According to the church's teaching, one could receive a special indulgence, but again, not directly from God, only from an official of the church. These special indulgences freed one from the suffering in purgatory which they had "earned" with their sins, or at least part of it.

Something like, "time off for good behavior."

But of course, these reprieves were granted to very few. Generally, those who made a conspicuous contribution to the church. For a really huge sum, one could obtain a plenary indulgence. This meant no time in purgatory at all. It was a nonstop ticket straight to heaven.

This special favor from God was available for even fewer. Royalty, perhaps. And super rich. The amount of money, jewels, and land given to the church in exchange for these plenary indulgences was enormous. But exclusivity of all this brought great frustration and resentment to the masses, no pun intended.

The poorest peasant hadn't a hope of gaining a bishop's indulgence, and so the rank and file lost faith in the system, with attendance threatening to drop once gain.

They brought tin novena candles. People could come to church and light a novena candle for the "poor souls in purgatory," and by saying a novena (a series of prayers in particular order that took some time to complete), they could knock years of the "sentence" of the dearly departed, extricating them from purgatory sooner than God would otherwise have allowed.

They couldn't do anything for themselves, but at least they could pray for mercy for the departed. Of course, it would be helpful if a coin or two were dropped through the slot for each candle lit. A lot of little candles were flickering behind a lot of red glass, and a lot of pesos and pennies were being dropped into a lot of tin boxes, in an attempt to get God to ease up on the suffering being inflicted on the souls in purgatory.

PostThu Aug 18, 2005 5:56 am  Reply with quote